5 ZERO Risk Government Investment Schemes to Invest In 2024

I want to share 5 gov investment schemes,where you can get upto 12% returns and it has zero risk
  1. Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme
  2. Atal Pension Yojana
  3. National Pension Scheme
  4. Provident Fund or PF
  5. Senior Citizens Savings Scheme

1. Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme
  • Parents can invest in it but its only for girl childs
  • Tenure - maximum 10 years
  • You can start the invest from when your girl is born till she is 10 years
  • Current interest rate - approx 8% return
  • the interest rate, once fixed, does not change.
  • Get tax benefits under section 80C , and even the return is tax exempted
  • You can take out the money ,once your girl child is of 21 years old
  • Lock in period of 10-21 years

2. Atal Pension Yojana
  • Its a pension scheme , which will give you a fixed pension after 60 years
  • Investment age - 18 years - 40 years
  • Return rate - 11%-12%
  • Investment example - if you are 20 years old, and you invest 198 monthly than at the age of 60, you will get a fixed pension of 4000 rupees
  • Tax benefits under section 80C and additionally 50,000 rupees benefit too, under Section 80CCD (1)

3. National Pension Scheme

• Its a pension scheme , which will give you the money after 60 years
  • At the age of 60 , 60% of the total amount , you will get as lump sum and rest 40% as monthly pension
  • No tax on the lump sum amount , normal taxes on monthly pension
  • Interest variable as per the market condition ( approx 9%-11%)
  • Tax benefits under section 80C and additionally 50,000 rupees benefit too,
  • under Section 80CCD (1) and also under Section 80 CCD (2)
  • Lock in period of 60 years

4. Provident Fund or PF
  • Interest rate - 8.15%(currently)
  • Only 5 years of lock in period
  • Get tax benefits under section 80C

5. Senior Citizens Savings Scheme
  • Only for senior citizens
  • Interest rate - 8.2% (currently)
  • Maximum investment amount -30 lakhs
  • Maximum invest tenure - 8 years
  • the interest rate, once fixed, does not change.
  • Tax benefits of 1.5 lakhs under section 80C
  • Payout of the pension every quarterly

Last edited:

bakul

KF Rookie
Dear Anurag,

My name is Bakul and I am a U.K. born NRI resident in my early 50s.

I came across the KF YouTube channel and shorts only a week ago and loved watching all the YouTube shorts posts. They have been well created, simpled and well explained. Might I also say very funny too. The young lady on the videos is truly amazing.

In a short space of time I came to learn so much and was sad to learn that your channel was moving towards closure, yet truly grateful that you opened this platform.

Thank you for your post.

Over my vocational years I have opened 2-3 U.K. pension pots, but the ROI is rather poor.

I was recently thinking if there were any Indian pension schemes for NRIs looking to move their pension pots over to an established or government-led pension schemes with good returns. This could also be annuities as well.

I welcome all replies from yourself and this community.

Warm regards.

Last edited:

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
2 schemes which I could immediately think of for your specific need are : Post Office Monthly Income Scheme and SBI Annuity Deposit Scheme. Both of these are completely risk free and offer Interest Rates ranging from 6.50 %to 7.50%

IshanBhardwaj

KF Rookie
There is one more scheme that is open for a limited time of two years for Women: Mahila Samman Savings Certificate which gives an interest of 7.50%.
Its upper limit is 2,00,000 which you can deposit for two years and will receive a maturity amount of 2,31,125

Tax with Ria

KF Expert
2 schemes which I could immediately think of for your specific need are : Post Office Monthly Income Scheme and SBI Annuity Deposit Scheme. Both of these are completely risk free and offer Interest Rates ranging from 6.50 %to 7.50%
Well these facility cannot be availed by an NRI. Only resident individuals can avail such options of Post office and SBI deposit scheme.

Tax with Ria

KF Expert
Dear Anurag,

My name is Bakul and I am a U.K. born NRI resident in my early 50s.

I came across the KF YouTube channel and shorts only a week ago and loved watching all the YouTube shorts posts. They have been well created, simpled and well explained. Might I also say very funny too. The young lady on the videos is truly amazing.

In a short space of time I came to learn so much and was sad to learn that your channel was moving towards closure, yet truly grateful that you opened this platform.

Thank you for your post.

Over my vocational years I have opened 2-3 U.K. pension pots, but the ROI is rather poor.

I was recently thinking if there were any Indian pension schemes for NRIs looking to move their pension pots over to an established or government-led pension schemes with good returns. This could also be annuities as well.

I welcome all replies from yourself and this community.

Warm regards.
Well the facility of Post Office Monthly Income Scheme and SBI Annuity Deposit Scheme cannot be availed by an NRI. Only resident individuals can avail such options of Post office and SBI deposit scheme.