Additional Credit Card suggestion(mostly LTF, or Annual fees <=1000)

Lucky01

KF Rookie
Hello Everyone,
New to this community and also started my first job in Jan 2024.

I currently have APay(VISA - Arpil 2024) and Airtel Axis(MasterCard - June 2024). I am not a person who spends at big hotels or dining. I go for movies one a quarter. I am planning for travel after one year from now within India itself. Maybe after some years outside India.

I needed suggestion for a rupay card with max. benefits/rewards and which gives rewards on upi even on small spends less than 2000. Also any other card suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks

Karunakara

KF Mentor
Hello Everyone,
New to this community and also started my first job in Jan 2024.

I currently have APay(VISA - Arpil 2024) and Airtel Axis(MasterCard - June 2024). I am not a person who spends at big hotels or dining. I go for movies one a quarter. I am planning for travel after one year from now within India itself. Maybe after some years outside India.

I needed suggestion for a rupay card with max. benefits/rewards and which gives rewards on upi even on small spends less than 2000. Also any other card suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks
Hi @Lucky01 Welcome to the community,
Normally, can expect maximum 1% returns from rupay Credit cards. The following credit cards give marginally more returns;

Jupiter Rupay CC (2%) LTF
HDFC Tata Neu CC (1.5 % on Tata Neu UPI only) 1500/- with lounge, 5% rewards on utility and insurance
Union Bank Select Rupay CC (1%) with benefits like lounge, insurance, etc. Almost LTF on spending 50000/-

But you may consider having a travel card as you are planning to travel in future. In the meantime you can accumulate RP or complimentary flight tickets.

SBI Air India Signature
AXIS/SBI Vistara
Amex MRCC

Kaushik9814

KF Rookie
My suggestions are same as above.
But currently one more card that I can suggest is the Rupay variant of Ixigo AU CC that has been recently launched.
I cannot see any cashbacks on UPI spends like other cards but yes you will keep accruing their reward points which you can redeem for benefits like conversion to CV points, movies, etc.
The card's primary benefit is 8 domestic lounge access in both railway lounges and airport lounges (2 per quarter so total 16 8 railway and 8 airport)
and other benefits like 10 percent off on bookings via ixigo app.
If you plan on travelling in the future you can look into this card.