Airtel Axis Bank credit card rejected

1p2tv

KF Ace
So guys I applied for the Airtel Axis Bank credit card via the Axis Bank website and after a few minutes I got a message that they have rejected my application.

Weird thing is they did not even do a hard pull on my CIBIL (I got no message for that).

My CIBIL is 750+ so I think if I had applied via the Airtel Thanks app, I might have gotten an approval (as I believe it does a hard pull on your CIBIL). But I guess there is no point in applying with the Airtel Thanks app now as they will just reject the application again 😩

Anyway, can someone please tell me what should be my course of action now? Should I just wait for 6 months and try again? Or is there something else that I can do?

Skylar

KF Master
Weird thing is they did not even do a hard pull on my CIBIL (I got no message for that).
Thats the good thing with axis you can check the eligibility first and then after selecting the card Hard enquiry happens, Unlike most stupid banks like IDFC and AU which start the application with Hard enquiry.

Skylar

KF Master
Anyway, can someone please tell me what should be my course of action now? Should I just wait for 6 months and try again? Or is there something else that I can do?
Call Axis costumer care and ask them to delete the previous lead and you want to start a fresh application.

1p2tv

KF Ace
Call Axis costumer care and ask them to delete the previous lead and you want to start a fresh application.
Which phone number should I call? 022-6798-7700?

Also, what to tell them? Will they just do it without any convincing?

And if they do remove the lead, what would be the best approach to get approved for this card?

Skylar

KF Master
Which phone number should I call? 022-6798-7700?

Also, what to tell them? Will they just do it without any convincing?

And if they do remove the lead, what would be the best approach to get approved for this card?
First ask them reason for rejection and then negotiate with them regarding the lead.

1p2tv

KF Ace
First ask them reason for rejection and then negotiate with them regarding the lead.
I talked with customer support on phone. The guy told me that the exact rejection reason is not being shown to him but also said that I will automatically receive an email from bank after 15 days that will tell me the exact reason of rejection.

As for lead deletion, he said he cannot do it. I will just have to wait for 6 months and apply again.

I have heard of people using their relatives' phone number to apply for a card. Does this really work? Will I have to use their email too?

pranjalgoel16

KF Rookie
I had a similar experience while getting this card. I applied for the card from the airtel app first and got rejected, I called axis to ask the reason and they said no reason found wait for 15 days for reason with email which I did not receive. As i already had an axis credit card I checked on the axis app and the card already pre approved available and within 5 minutes application was approved and card was dispatched. Airtel did the cibil checks and still rejected. Axis did not checks and approved it. So I'll simply advise don't cancel the card. You can take the card from any party, the experience will the same. Also don't use any other mobile number because they need the number which is registered on your PAN card.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
I talked with customer support on phone. The guy told me that the exact rejection reason is not being shown to him but also said that I will automatically receive an email from bank after 15 days that will tell me the exact reason of rejection.
The mail id you get still has only some vague reason noted like you don't fit in banks criteria which does not mean much in any case

Skylar

KF Master

As for lead deletion, he said he cannot do it. I will just have to wait for 6 months and apply again.

I have heard of people using their relatives' phone number to apply for a card. Does this really work? Will I have to use their email too?
Yeah that works, I don't know how exactly it works but heard from people that it works

bigmouse

KF Ace
Thats the good thing with axis you can check the eligibility first and then after selecting the card Hard enquiry happens, Unlike most stupid banks like IDFC and AU which start the application with Hard enquiry.
Mere pass Axis Bank ka 3 credit Card hai Filpkart Axis Credit Card, Axis Neo Credit Card, Axis Indian oil Credit Card aur mujhe Airtel Axis Credit Card chahiye Mera CIBIL Score 780 hai phir bhi mera reject ho gaya. Axis Bank ka Credit Card 3 se zyada nehi milta hai kya?

bigmouse

KF Ace
So guys I applied for the Airtel Axis Bank credit card via the Axis Bank website and after a few minutes I got a message that they have rejected my application.

My CIBIL is 750+ so I think if I had applied via the Airtel Thanks app, I might have gotten an approval (as I believe it does a hard pull on your CIBIL). But I guess there is no point in applying with the Airtel Thanks app now as they will just reject the application again 😩

750 mai kuchh nahi hoga 780+ lagega tabhi approved hoga .....

Skylar

KF Master
Mere pass Axis Bank ka 3 credit Card hai Filpkart Axis Credit Card, Axis Neo Credit Card, Axis Indian oil Credit Card aur mujhe Airtel Axis Credit Card chahiye Mera CIBIL Score 780 hai phir bhi mera reject ho gaya. Axis Bank ka Credit Card 3 se zyada nehi milta hai kya?
3 card policy but there are people with 4 cards and now with CITI merger there are people with 5 cards too.

- Close one card bro and get airtel, whichever is LTF keep that one and close the rest IOCL or Flip

vishalprakash

KF Expert
3 card policy but there are people with 4 cards and now with CITI merger there are people with 5 cards too.

- Close one card bro and get airtel, whichever is LTF keep that one and close the rest IOCL or Flip
i got the card after closing axis neo card, i am now having airtel, myzone and flipkart.