Beginner credit card

Bidyut Murmu

KF Rookie
I never had a credit card before ( credit score 0). Thinking of having one to build credit score and avail different offers that are available on credit cards , like fight bookings, hotel bookings, movie tickets, shopping ( online & offline), fuel, this are some of the facilities I want to avail with the credit card.
Which credit card should I go for? Can anybody suggest me some.

I never had a credit card before ( credit score 0). Thinking of having one to build credit score and avail different offers that are available on credit cards , like fight bookings, hotel bookings, movie tickets, shopping ( online & offline), fuel, this are some of the facilities I want to avail with the credit card.
You can use the HDFC Neu + or ICICI amazon credit card as beginners

I recommend applying for the OneCard. It's a lifetime free credit card with great offers.

Last edited by a moderator:

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Try IDFC Wow card or One card. You can try Credilio card as well .it gives 1% cashback..all these are FD based cards

launchcraft

KF Mentor
If you have a credit score 0 that means no credit history, sorry to tell you this but it is very difficult for you to get a card either secured or unsecured.
To make your credit history first, you have to start by taking EMIs or start using Pay Later options offered by various ecommerce.
By building your credit history will only result in making sure you are a financially discipline individual, otherwise how would a bank know you or trust you as a person with their money.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
If you have a credit score 0 that means no credit history, sorry to tell you this but it is very difficult for you to get a card either secured or unsecured.
To make your credit history first, you have to start by taking EMIs or start using Pay Later options offered by various ecommerce.
By building your credit history will only result in making sure you are a financially discipline individual, otherwise how would a bank know you or trust you as a person with their money.
There should not be any issues in getting a secured card however bank may not give limit upto 100% of FD and may limit to 90%. On the contrary have seen many people taking pay later to create a score and failing to get credit card as the starting point is Pay Later which may not be seen too kindly by banks. Being a banker for 17 years, I can clearly state that much.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
There should not be any issues in getting a secured card however bank may not give limit upto 100% of FD and may limit to 90%. On the contrary have seen many people taking pay later to create a score and failing to get credit card as the starting point is Pay Later which may not be seen too kindly by banks. Being a banker for 17 years, I can clearly state that much.
I understand this much..but the only thing important here is to build a credit history either via EMIs or via Pay later.
I don't think getting a secured card would solve the purpose as you are blocking your money as well as not getting any benefits as such.
So it's better to try for a normal or unsecured credit card only after building some history.
I have taken my first credit which was ICICI Platinum chip card after after building credit history by taking my fridge on EMI.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
I understand this much..but the only thing important here is to build a credit history either via EMIs or via Pay later.
I don't think getting a secured card would solve the purpose as you are blocking your money as well as not getting any benefits as such.
So it's better to try for a normal or unsecured credit card only after building some history.
I have taken my first credit which was ICICI Platinum chip card after after building credit history by taking my fridge on EMI.
Best thing for salaried people is to get one from the bank where salary is getting credited...whatever it is...should give LTF..don't ever buy something on EMI if you don't need a loan.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
Best thing for salaried people is to get one from the bank where salary is getting credited...whatever it is...should give LTF..don't ever buy something on EMI if you don't need a loan.
why so...EMI is good if you don't have total amount now...but you will get your payments on monthly basis.