Best Investment plan for 1 or 2 years ?

hey everyone,
I have a situation, I have my health and term insurance and I pay the premium annually. I am looking for the best way to save monthly for a year or 2. I save almost 2.5k every month for this.
Is there any better option than liquid funds?

theraj0007

KF Expert
hey everyone,
I have a situation, I have my health and term insurance and I pay the premium annually. I am looking for the best way to save monthly for a year or 2. I save almost 2.5k every month for this.
IF YOU HAVE RISK APPETITE YOU CAN GO WITH SMALL CAP MFS OR MULTICAP MFS OTHERWISE GO WITH MIDCAP MFS.

zacobite

KF Mentor
hey everyone,
RD / Conservative hybrid fund.. pay premium via amz pay with GV loaded.. get additional discounts via cc

guptajoy961

KF Expert
hey everyone,

Hey there! So, you’re looking to save some money on your health insurance premiums, right? Well, I’ve got some tips that might help you out:
  1. Have you thought about a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) with a health savings account (HSA)? These plans usually have lower monthly premiums but higher deductibles. The cool part is, the money you save on premiums can be put into an HSA. This gives you some tax benefits and lets you save for future medical costs.
  2. Another option could be a health savings plan (HSP). It’s a combo deal - you get health insurance coverage and a savings component. You can put a part of your premium payment into a savings account for qualified medical expenses.
  3. Don’t forget about tax deductions! You can claim a deduction of up to ₹25,000 for individual coverage and up to ₹50,000 for a family floater plan under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. This can help bring down the cost of your premiums.
  4. Ever considered a longer policy term? Many insurers offer discounts for multi-year coverage. This could help you save on your premiums over time.
  5. Living a healthy lifestyle can also lead to lower premium costs for your health insurance plan. Insurers often give discounts to policyholders who keep themselves healthy.
  6. You could also look into a top-up or super top-up plan to boost your coverage without a big increase in your premium. This can give you extra protection without hurting your wallet.
Now, about liquid funds. They can be a good choice for short-term savings as they offer low risk and easy access to your money. But, you might want to check out other savings options too, like high-yield savings accounts or fixed deposits, which could potentially offer higher returns. Hope this helps! 😊

Skylar

KF Mentor
Bro, I personally feel that if you’re needing funds within a year, it’s not advisable to invest in equities or mutual funds. Consider the following scenarios:

1. High Returns Dilemma: Imagine your equity or mutual fund starts yielding impressive returns. FOMO creeps in—you think it might go even higher, and you hesitate to withdraw. But now, you’re stuck because you need that money to pay for insurance. You end up using extra cash from your bank account just to meet the insurance obligation.

scenario 2. Underperforming Investments: On the flip side, if your equity or stock isn’t performing well and its value is lower than your initial investment, you find yourself trapped.

Here are two alternatives:
1. Auto Sweep Account: Consider putting your funds in an account with an “Auto Sweep” feature. This way, any excess balance beyond a threshold (usually ₹10,000) automatically gets converted into a fixed deposit. It ensures liquidity while earning interest.

2. Separate Savings Account: Alternatively, leave the funds in a separate savings account that offers around 4% interest. Then, use credit cards that provide rewards on insurance payments. For instance, if you buy Amazon Pay Gift Vouchers with an Amazon Pay card, you’ll receive 2% cashback (I use this method). and 5% if you use SBI CB Card. (Heard in community haven't tried/tested)