Best Mutual fund in 2024

Largecap, midcap, smallcap, flexicap, multicap and nifty250 index. I want to invest in these diversified portfolios. How much to invest in these caps as i m 50 years old. I want to invest monthly for at least 20 years. My financial goal is 2 crores by the end of 2044. Pliz suggest where to invest and at what ratio to achieve my financial goal

Since you need a proper financial planning for achieving your goal, I would highly recommend consulting one of the SEBI registered fee only advisors. You can get in touch with them on a phone call to understand what they offer and then you can take a call whether you want to engage with the person or not. They charge a flat fee for financial planning and don't take any commissions based on your AUM or corpus. They will understand your current finances, your future goals and will recommend where and how much to invest in order to achieve your goals.

In my opinion, you can either invest in 1 or 2 flexicap funds and that should be sufficient. If you want to avoid fund manager risk, you can invest 70% in Nifty index fund and rest 30% in Nifty Midcap 150 index fund and keep rebalancing between them in order to maintain this ratio. Also, please make sure that you decrease your overall equity allocation gradually as you approach your financial goal otherwise the unrealised gains can be quickly evaporated as observed in previous market crashes.
Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:

soum_bhowmik

KF Rookie
Based on your age, I would suggest the following:

1. Invest in a Balanced Advantage Fund. It dynamically allocates assets between Equity and Debt based on market fluctuations.
  2. In the Flexi cap category, I recommend the Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund. It offers international exposure of 15%, and the fund manager has demonstrated impressive performance over a long period of time.
  3. For passive investing, I suggest ICICI or a similar Large Mid 250 index fund.
All three options cover various market segments with risk adjustment.

I recommend investing through a leading app such as Groww or Zerodha for direct fund investment.

Thanks,Soum.

zacobite

KF Mentor
The best mutual funds in 2024 have been a topic of interest for many investors. According to recent analyses, some of the top-performing mutual funds include:

• Quant Value Fund: Delivered a return of 14.06%1.
  • Quant Flexi Cap Fund: Gave a return of 13.39%1.
  • Quant Mid Cap Fund: Offered a return of 12.49%1.
  • Quant Small Cap Fund: Had an 11.38% return1.
  • Quant Large & Mid Cap Fund: Yielded a 10.19% return1.
  • Quant Large Cap Fund: Provided a 9.95% return1.
  • ITI Mid Cap Fund: Achieved a 9.49% return1.
  • Kotak Multicap Fund: Offered a 9.45% return1.
  • Quant Focused Fund: Gave a 9.34% return1.
  • SBI Long Term Equity Fund: Had a 9.31% return1.
These funds span various categories such as smallcap, value fund, ELSS, flexicap, focused fund, large & midcap, largecap, midcap, and multicap. It’s important to note that investment decisions should be based on individual risk appetite, investment horizon, and financial goals. Always consider consulting with a financial advisor before making investment choices.
Definitely gpt :)... nice..

Since you need a proper financial planning for achieving your goal, I would highly recommend consulting one of the SEBI registered fee only advisors. You can get in touch with them on a phone call to understand what they offer and then you can take a call whether you want to engage with the person or not. They charge a flat fee for financial planning and don't take any commissions based on your AUM or corpus. They will understand your current finances, your future goals and will recommend where and how much to invest in order to achieve your goals.

In my opinion, you can either invest in 1 or 2 flexicap funds and that should be sufficient. If you want to avoid fund manager risk, you can invest 70% in Nifty index fund and rest 30% in Nifty Midcap 150 index fund and keep rebalancing between them in order to maintain this ratio. Also, please make sure that you decrease your overall equity allocation gradually as you approach your financial goal otherwise the unrealised gains can be quickly evaporated as observed in previous market crashes.
Hope this helps :)
How can i book a sebi registered advisor. Pliz suggest

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
The best mutual funds in 2024 have been a topic of interest for many investors. According to recent analyses, some of the top-performing mutual funds include:

• Quant Value Fund: Delivered a return of 14.06%1.
  • Quant Flexi Cap Fund: Gave a return of 13.39%1.
  • Quant Mid Cap Fund: Offered a return of 12.49%1.
  • Quant Small Cap Fund: Had an 11.38% return1.
  • Quant Large & Mid Cap Fund: Yielded a 10.19% return1.
  • Quant Large Cap Fund: Provided a 9.95% return1.
  • ITI Mid Cap Fund: Achieved a 9.49% return1.
  • Kotak Multicap Fund: Offered a 9.45% return1.
  • Quant Focused Fund: Gave a 9.34% return1.
  • SBI Long Term Equity Fund: Had a 9.31% return1.
These funds span various categories such as smallcap, value fund, ELSS, flexicap, focused fund, large & midcap, largecap, midcap, and multicap. It’s important to note that investment decisions should be based on individual risk appetite, investment horizon, and financial goals. Always consider consulting with a financial advisor before making investment choices.
Hi, this answer seems to be picked up from an ET article titled "7 out of 10 best-performing mutual funds in 2024 so far are from one fund house” . Please
avoid copy pasting answers from other website

The admins don't want me to post links to any websites so can't help directly. You can search for fee only financial advisors on google and skip the sponsored links. They have their own websites where they mention the services they offer and the fee that they charge. You can contact them directly from their website, book a phone call and ask as many questions as you want to ask before making any payment. Once you are satisfied, you can pay them and start with your financial planning. I would suggest you to at least talk to 2-3 people before deciding.

Some good questions to ask would be:
1. How frequently do you have a call with your clients.
2. How frequently do you suggest rebalancing the portfolio (if required)
3. Which type of funds do you suggest? (Active/Passive)
4. How do you decide asset allocation?
5. How would you suggest changing the asset allocation with time?

You can always add your own questions :)
Hope this helps.

zacobite

KF Mentor
How much money do you need advice on? Above 50 L you have PMS schemes, 5-10 L a year.. a good banker can help you ( choose wisely), below that you don't need an advisor as costs will be prohibitive.. you can try some assisted services offered by stock brokers / online platforms eg. ET Money Genius / Kotak Security Advisory / IND Money /assistance ZERODHA / GROWW etc as well...All have support for investments..

Last edited:
Largecap, midcap, smallcap, flexicap, multicap and nifty250 index. I want to invest in these diversified portfolios. How much to invest in these caps as i m 50 years old. I want to invest monthly for at least 20 years. My financial goal is 2 crores by the end of 2044. Pliz suggest where to invest and at what ratio to achieve my financial goal
Since you are 50 you shouldn't go with maximum returns because small cap funds can give you more returns than index but also it's very very risky.
There is rule called 50-30-20
It means 50% of your money should go on large cap 30%of your money should go on mid cap or flexi cap and the remaining 20% should go on high risky small cap fund .
I should not suggest without knowing about your financial position ...
But my suggestion would be DO NOT GO WITH RETURNS other wise that returrns can makes you poor.

Suggestions
1 do invested in index
2 also you can go with mid cap with an expectation of 13-16 % ROI
You also can start a STEP UP SIP on midcap funds for ₹5000/month
It will be more than your requirement.

Qubit

KF Ace
As we know, most active funds are unable to outperform even the benchmark, so why do people sometimes choose active funds over index or passive funds? Why not always choose index funds?

Skylar

KF Master
The once my PMS suggested me,

1. SBI Small Cap Fund
2. AXIS Small Cap Fund
3. Nippon India Small Cap Fund
4. Edelweiss Mid Cap Fund
5. Mirae Asset Large & Midcap Fund

*I am not inclined toward mutual funds; I am fully invested in equities. I posted the above to know the opinions of individuals knowledgeable about mutual funds.

Qubit

KF Ace
The once my PMS suggested me,

1. SBI Small Cap Fund
2. AXIS Small Cap Fund
3. Nippon India Small Cap Fund
4. Edelweiss Mid Cap Fund
5. Mirae Asset Large & Midcap Fund

*I am not inclined toward mutual funds; I am fully invested in equities. I posted the above to know the opinions of individuals knowledgeable about mutual funds.
Don't you think you have many same category fund (small cap) which could lead to overlap of stocks?