Best way/method to pay OneCard credit card bill.

DivyanshAg

KF Rookie
Best way/method to pay OneCard credit card bill. I actually use cred for the same but need to know if there is any other better method for the same.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Best way/method to pay OneCard credit card bill. I actually use cred for the same but need to know if there is any other better method for the same.
What do you mean when you say better method? The best method always is to pay from any bank's/issuer's app as you can always claim that you paid from their app even if it gets delayed

Last edited:

Qubit

KF Ace
What do you mean when you say better method? The best method always is to pay from any bank's/issue's app as you can always claim that you paid from their app even if it gets delayed
I think he means which way should he be paying the credit card bill so as to get offers for the bill payment itself.
Cred rewards you for paying the credit card bill on their platform.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
I think he means which way should he be paying the credit card bill so as to get offers for the bill payment itself.
Cred rewards you for paying the credit card bill on their platform.
Cred doesn't pick up the Onecard bill for me from mail, so I paid the bill in Onecard app itself and it got settled immediately. Onecard is not supported on many apps hence it becomes difficult to find good cashback for paying Onecard bill. Part of the reason why I don't use Onecard that often. Also depends on which bank has issued Onecard. For Federal Bank issued Onecard, Cred is not picking up bill amount automatically for me.

Last edited:

Trilochan20

KF Expert
Best way is from ONE card app itself as it'll be instantly settled. Also, you can't use balance transfer method to transfer one card bill to other banks like [IDFC, Kotak etc.] As it'll fail. [My one card is from South Indian Bank, I am not sure about other banks].

If you pay via cred or any other platform, it's better to pay at least 5 days before the due date, because one card takes 3 days approx. time to settle the bill.

Qubit

KF Ace
Best way is from ONE card app itself as it'll be instantly settled. Also, you can't use balance transfer method to transfer one card bill to other banks like [IDFC, Kotak etc.] As it'll fail. [My one card is from South Indian Bank, I am not sure about other banks].

If you pay via cred or any other platform, it's better to pay at least 5 days before the due date, because one card takes 3 days approx. time to settle the bill.
Yes, paying at least 5 days before the due date is better in case of using third party platforms like CRED.

Qubit

KF Ace
Credit doesn't pick up the Onecard bill for me from mail, so I paid the bill in Onecard app itself and it got settled immediately. Onecard is not supported on many apps hence it becomes difficult to find good cashback for paying Onecard bill. Part of the reason why I don't use Onecard that often. Also depends on which bank has issued Onecard. For Federal Bank issued Onecard, Cred is not picking up bill amount automatically for me.
Exactly. Mine is issued by the SBM bank. For the initial months. CRED was able to fetch the bill, but not anymore.
I manually enter the bill amount in the CRED app and then pay from there.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Exactly. Mine is issued by the SBM bank. For the initial months. CRED was able to fetch the bill, but not anymore.
It didn't let me do even manually...I was trying to pay today! So I paid on app

Skylar

KF Master
Cred doesn't pick up the Onecard bill for me from mail, so I paid the bill in Onecard app itself and it got settled immediately. Onecard is not supported on many apps hence it becomes difficult to find good cashback for paying Onecard bill. Part of the reason why I don't use Onecard that often. Also depends on which bank has issued Onecard. For Federal Bank issued Onecard, Cred is not picking up bill amount automatically for me.

CRED is unable to fetch the bill due because ONE-CARD doesn’t send the bill in PDF format.

I wouldn’t recommend granting CRED access to your email, even though it’s convenient for receiving bill updates. There’s a possibility that CRED could access other emails as well.

Regarding privacy concerns, it’s essential to be cautious when granting access to any third-party service, especially when it involves sensitive information like emails.

CRED is unable to fetch the bill due because ONE-CARD doesn’t send the bill in PDF format.

I wouldn’t recommend granting CRED access to your email, even though it’s convenient for receiving bill updates. There’s a possibility that CRED could access other emails as well.

Regarding privacy concerns, it’s essential to be cautious when granting access to any third-party service, especially when it involves sensitive information like emails.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240627-130120.png
    Screenshot_20240627-130120.png
    865.1 KB · Views: 7

Qubit

KF Ace

As per CRED Customer support, OneCard isn't supported. So, CRED will not be able to fetch the actual bill.
CRED did fetch my credit card bill this time for the month of June.
So -
1. it doesn't matter whether the bill is sent in pdf format or not.
2. also, i got some rewards for paying the bill on CRED
3. as many already mentioned, pay the bill at least 5 days before the due date, which is 18th of every month in case of one card