BOB CREDIT CARD LIFETIME FREE EASY VS SELECT

Raj2708

KF Expert
I have applied for BOB CREDIT CARD (VKYC remaining).
It's was written LTF on the page(image attached for reference).
I got option to choose between EASY VS SELECT. I opted for SELECT. Idk know the benefits of this 🥴.

I want to confirm that it will be lifetime free or there is any catch, should I have to spend the required spend limit.

Attachments

• ltf-really-v0-d2sn83f1scqb1.png
    ltf-really-v0-d2sn83f1scqb1.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 11
  • images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 11

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
I got option to choose between EASY VS SELECT. I opted for SELECT. Idk know the benefits of this 🥴.

I want to confirm that it will be lifetime free or there is any catch, should I have to spend the required spend limit.
Apply for the desired CC, just make sure to activate the CC only after receiving confirmation that the issued CC is LTF via BOB Customer Support Email to avoid future complications ✌️

Raj2708

KF Expert
Okey, I just need comment of some experienced user so that I can proceed with VKYC otherwise I will drop the plan.
My goal is to opt the LTF just to enjoy bank offer during any sale or online purchase.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor

To share my side of story, When I received a pre-approved lifetime free (LTF) credit card offer from HDFC, I immediately applied. However, upon issuance, i received same kind of application pdf so i tried to reverify it but the customer care informed me that the card wasn't LTF. Fortunately, I had screenshots and a screen recording of the pre-approved offer and application process. I raised the issue with HDFC credit card customer service, providing all the evidence. After about a week, I received a confirmation email 👇 that my card was indeed LTF.20240914_100012.jpg

To cut the Long Story Short, Always confirm that your credit card is LTF before activating it via Email so that you can have a solid proof for future reference b'coz currently banks/CC agents are trying a lot of cheap taticts for acquiring CC customers. According to RBI guidelines, if a new credit card isn't activated within 30 days of issuance, it will automatically be closed without any fees or penalties. This might affect your credit score in the short term, but it's nothing to worry about.

Hope this make some sense to you 🙃

Somebody

KF Rookie
To share my side of story, When I received a pre-approved lifetime free (LTF) credit card offer from HDFC, I immediately applied. However, upon issuance, i received same kind of application pdf so i tried to reverify it but the customer care informed me that the card wasn't LTF. Fortunately, I had screenshots and a screen recording of the pre-approved offer and application process. I raised the issue with HDFC credit card customer service, providing all the evidence. After about a week, I received a confirmation email 👇 that my card was indeed LTF.View attachment 1720

To cut the Long Story Short, Always confirm that your credit card is LTF before activating it via Email so that you can have a solid proof for future reference b'coz currently banks/CC agents are trying a lot of cheap taticts for acquiring CC customers. According to RBI guidelines, if a new credit card isn't activated within 30 days of issuance, it will automatically be closed without any fees or penalties. This might affect your credit score in the short term, but it's nothing to worry about.

Hope this make some sense to you 🙃
Thank for share @ TaxWiser

_Mayank_

KF Ace
I recently applied (3 weeks ago), and received the same PDF. The card is still pending and the status shows IN PROGRESS. No further updates. Once I receive the card, I will confirm if it is LTF or do I have to pay the fees. I selected the Premier card.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
I recently applied (3 weeks ago), and received the same PDF. The card is still pending and the status shows IN PROGRESS. No further updates. Once I receive the card, I will confirm if it is LTF or do I have to pay the fees. I selected the Premier card.
Check out following conversation, you will get all your answers :
✌️

82_notout

KF Ace

I recently applied for BOB HPCL credit card. My card got approved and delivered but then I decided not to activate it due to some personal reasons. It comes with a joining fee of ₹500 + gst. I didn't activated the card but still they imposed the joining fees saying that it is their bank's policy to impose joining fees whether you'll activate it or not. So, if your card gets approved, then you've to pay the joining fees whether you activate it or not.
In your case, if you complete your Vkyc and you card gets approved, then you'll have to pay the joining fees ( if your spends are less than 6000 in first 60 days as mentioned above) , but if your spend criteria is met , they'll reverse the charges.
So, the card you're applying for is not LTF but comes with spend criteria to make it LTF.

Hope it helps you 😊

82_notout

KF Ace
I recently applied for BOB HPCL credit card. My card got approved and delivered but then I decided not to activate it due to some personal reasons. It comes with a joining fee of ₹500 + gst. I didn't activated the card but still they imposed the joining fees saying that it is their bank's policy to impose joining fees whether you'll activate it or not. So, if your card gets approved, then you've to pay the joining fees whether you activate it or not.
In your case, if you complete your Vkyc and you card gets approved, then you'll have to pay the joining fees ( if your spends are less than 6000 in first 60 days as mentioned above) , but if your spend criteria is met , they'll reverse the charges.
So, the card you're applying for is not LTF but comes with spend criteria to make it LTF.

Hope it helps you 😊
I had to activate the card and pay the joining fees as I didn't want red mark in Cibil for late payments or no payments.

Raj2708

KF Expert

Hope it helps you 😊
Ookey, they wrote LTF on the page while applying is misleading??

TaxWiser

KF Mentor

Hope it helps you 😊
I had to activate the card and pay the joining fees as I didn't want red mark in Cibil for late payments or no payments.
It looks like you may have been misled by bank employees. 😔
Some bank executives might use false statements to pressure you, but according to guidelines, the joining fee is charged in the billing statement of the credit card. If you don’t activate the credit card, no statements will be generated, and no fees will be imposed on you. If a bank imposes charges on a non-activated credit card, it is considered a wrongful practice. You can report this to the bank first, and if the issue isn’t resolved, you can escalate the complaint to the RBI Ombudsman.

It’s always a good idea to be aware of your rights and the guidelines set by regulatory authorities to avoid being misled. ✌️

hitirfan

KF Mentor
BOB is issuing various paid cards, Lifetime Free including Easy, Select, Premier.

After getting card you may get another additional card BOB Energia/ Snapdeal LTF