BOB Credit Card rejected with no valid reason

shivtej

KF Ace
So I recently applied for BoB credit card(13 August). It was showing as LTF. So I went ahead with the application and thought it will be approved as my CIBIL is 764 and I have CC from other 3 major banks and also have BoB savings acc from last 7 years with good balance. Also my credit utilisation, I keep it below 10%. And my overall limit is also less than my income.
But as there was no update even after 10 days on my application I thought to check the status and to my surprise it was rejected with the same stupid reason of internal policies.
So I asked them on email to specify the proper reason they responded that I am declined due to risk. So I again asked to justify what risk I pose as my profile is good and even submitted my salary slip(more than 35k) and statement as well. Then finally after 7-8 days they replied that my permanent and work address distance is high, which is just absurd(the distance is just 120km). As I live in PG at my work address and my permanent address is of my hometown, so obviously they won't be the same and I don't understand how that poses a risk.
Also physical verification of my home address was done even though I have a savings account with them, kyc was not done though.
Don't know what to do here. As whenever I reply on e-mail, a new request is created and if I am lucky I get a reply. The no provided on their website does not connect as well.
Can anyone help me out here.

Last edited:

abhimarda

KF Mentor
So I recently applied for BoB credit card(13 August). It was showing as LTF. So I went ahead with the application and thought it will be approved as my CIBIL is 764 and I have CC from other 3 major banks and also have BoB savings acc from last 7 years with good balance. Also my credit utilisation, I keep it below 10%. And my overall limit is also less than my income.
But as there was no update even after 10 days on my application I thought to check the status and to my surprise it was rejected with the same stupid reason of internal policies.
So I asked them on email to specify the proper reason they responded that I am declined due to risk. So I again asked to justify what risk I pose as my profile is good and even submitted my salary slip(more than 35k) and statement as well. Then finally after 7-8 days they replied that my permanent and work address distance is high, which is just absurd(the distance is just 120km). As I live in PG at my work address and my permanent address is of my hometown, so obviously they won't be the same and I don't understand how that poses a risk.
Also physical verification of my home address was done even though I have a savings account with them, kyc was not done though.
Don't know what to do here. As whenever I reply on e-mail, a new request is created and if I am lucky I get a reply. The no provided on their website does not connect as well.
Can anyone help me out here.
There are many reasons which the banks will not explicitly spell out. If the locality of your home comes under "negative area" list of a bank they will not proceed with any kind of credit facility. This is just an example and I am not suggesting that yours falls into one. Or if there is more delinquency from one specific area/region, banks would be highly selective in proving any facility to someone from that area. Sometimes the profession someone is in or the company one works in can also be in negative but bank will never tell that ..I am telling on the basis of what we used to do in personal loans when I was approving then...things haven't changed much

shivtej

KF Ace
There are many reasons which the banks will not explicitly spell out. If the locality of your home comes under "negative area" list of a bank they will not proceed with any kind of credit facility. This is just an example and I am not suggesting that yours falls into one. Or if there is more delinquency from one specific area/region, banks would be highly selective in proving any facility to someone from that area. Sometimes the profession someone is in or the company one works in can also be in negative but bank will never tell that ..I am telling on the basis of what we used to do in personal loans when I was approving then...things haven't changed much
Yes people in my area, in fact my friend who works in the same company have applied with me. He got the card.
Still thanks for the info 🙌🏻

Last edited:

Trilochan20

KF Expert
Woah.. This is news. I didn't have any clue regarding this.