BOB Credit Card

82_notout

KF Ace
I recently applied for BOB Credit Card. I didn't received it yet, but the card had been dispatched some time ago and it is still in transit. I also hadn't activated the virtual card on the BOB Card app.
I didn't need it anymore.
But I got a message that my statement is being generated and I had to pay the joining fees which is 590.
Since, I don't need it anymore, do I really need to pay the outstanding ?
Plus, how can they generate statement, if I hadn't activated the card.
As far as I know, if I don't activate the card within 30 days then it will be closed as per RBI guidelines and if someone didn't activate the card, then how are they liable to pay the joining fees.

Is there anything, which I can do about this?

Skylar

KF Master
I recently applied for BOB Credit Card. I didn't received it yet, but the card had been dispatched some time ago and it is still in transit. I also hadn't activated the virtual card on the BOB Card app.
But I got a message that my statement is being generated and I had to pay the joining fees which is 590.
As far as I know, if I don't activate the card within 30 days then it will be closed as per RBI guidelines and if someone didn't activate the card, then how are they liable to pay the joining fees.

Arey you 100% sure you haven't clicked on anything on their app that could activate the card?
Like enabling or disabling transaction limits or setting the limit?

I you haven't touched anything then don't worry it will be deactivated call costumer care and tell them you don't need it and you haven't activated it and not interested in paying the fee.

zacobite

KF Mentor

call and cancel it.. why apply if you don't need it... unnecessary cibil hits.. and headache

82_notout

KF Ace
Arey you 100% sure you haven't clicked on anything on their app that could activate the card?
Like enabling or disabling transaction limits or setting the limit?

I you haven't touched anything then don't worry it will be deactivated call costumer care and tell them you don't need it and you haven't activated it and not interested in paying the fee.
I only downloaded the app and hadn't registered on it till now.

82_notout

KF Ace
Update - Called customer care a few times to negotiate & emailed them too, they told me that joining fees is generally charged when account is created and is not subjected to the activation of card (it's their bank's policy) and it is non reversible.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Update - Called customer care a few times to negotiate & emailed them too, they told me that joining fees is generally charged when account is created and is not subjected to the activation of card (it's their bank's policy) and it is non reversible.
Page 7 point vi notes if the card is not activated within 30 days then bank has to close the card without any cost to customer. RBI circular enclosed.

Attachments

• 92MDCREDITDEBITCARDC423AFFB5E7945149C95CDD2F71E9158 (1).pdf
    906.7 KB · Views: 3

82_notout

KF Ace
So, the due date is 4th September -

1. How much will my cibil score drop , if I skip the payment ?
2. I hadn't activated the card yet, so it'll be closed in next 5 days (I got a message about that). If it is closed, do I still need to pay the outstanding amount (which is joining fees) ?

Skylar

KF Master
How much will my cibil score drop , if I skip the payment ?
60 points Stright!
Not only that, it will also affect your future applications as - Missed payment will be highlighted in reports.
You'll have a hard time getting new cards for a couple of years.
If it's already charged, I guess it's activated, get that confirmed from CS.

hitirfan

KF Mentor
60 points Stright!
Not only that, it will also affect your future applications as - Missed payment will be highlighted in reports.
You'll have a hard time getting new cards for a couple of years.
If it's already charged, I guess it's activated, get that confirmed from CS.
He could pay that amount and then ask for refund.