Build a marriage fund of 15 lakhs in 1.5 - 2 years?

SailabSwarnim

KF Rookie
Hi,
I am 27. I am likely to get married in the next 1.5-2 years. I have to build the marriage corpus by myself. I have been investing around 45-50k every month for the last 3 years with a long term horizon in mind. I don't want to touch whatever I have invested so far. I want to build a corpus of 15 lakhs in the next 2 years. I am ready to take reasonable but not very high risk. Could someone suggest the best strategy along with the monthly amount roughly to reach this target post taxation ?
TIA!

Vipul0007

KF Ace
Hi,
I am 27. I am likely to get married in the next 1.5-2 years. I have to build the marriage corpus by myself. I have been investing around 45-50k every month for the last 3 years with a long term horizon in mind. I don't want to touch whatever I have invested so far. I want to build a corpus of 15 lakhs in the next 2 years. I am ready to take reasonable but not very high risk. Could someone suggest the best strategy along with the monthly amount roughly to reach this target post taxation ?
TIA!
You can invest debt mutual funds for short period of time it can give you easily 8 to 11% return .depending on mutual fund

Hi,
TIA!
Since the time duration is small, you can invest a large lumpsum amount in 1-2 years of corporate bonds. These will give up to 10% returns which are great considering given interest scenario.

theraj0007

KF Expert
Hi,
TIA!
You can go with mid cap funds