can i pay credit card bill by cash?

Cash payment towards credit card bill if more than 1 lac in a cycle or more than 10 lac in a financial year are reported to the Income department. You may get a notice from IT for explanation.

You can pay like that but it would make sense that the cash payment is done before the statement generation date. About the charges I am not completely sure as I have never paid it in cash. Better to check with the Card customer care for this point.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
what happend if i pay my credit card bill by cash using bank branch ?
Paying credit card bill by cash normally has extra charges and is not advisable. Bigger card bills paid by cash will get reported as well to IT. Rather deposit the cash in bank account and pay from there. But do remember the cash deposit of Rs 10 lakh or more in a financial year is reported to IT. Also if your account transactions are not aligned to such cash deposits, banks can ask further questions.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
what happend if i pay my credit card bill by cash using bank branch ?
I made cash payment against my ICICI credit card, they charged me Rs.100. ICICI charges 100 for the cash payment regardless the amount deposited.
While with HDFC card, there were no charges.
So its better to call the customer care once and clarify the charges.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
can i pay bill in part by part by using cred and some using cash ?
is there is any charges for cash credit card payment?
Yes you can do that. But most of the banks charge you for paying credit card bill by cash so check the charges of cash payment before you do that