Cashback Comparison of My Current Credit Cards: Seeking Your Suggestions

Skylar

KF Master
I have compiled a cashback comparison of the credit cards I currently possess. This comparison was inspired by the discussions in the CM social threads. I kindly request you to review it and provide feedback if there are any errors. Additionally, I would appreciate any suggestions on areas where I might have overlooked potential benefits for specific cards.

Cashback Comparison Jan 2024 - Table 1 (3)_page-0001 (1).jpg

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
I suggest the cards you can use for better cashback returns for some categories.

1. Utilities: Airtel Axis CC gives 10% cashback up to Rs. 300 plus 25% cashback up to Rs. 300 (for Airtel recharges).
Fees: Rs. 499

2. IRCTC: HDFC Millenia CC gives 5% cashback on booking via smart buy.
I'd suggest upgrading your existing card BizMoneyBack.
Fees: Rs. 1000

3. Online Spends:
a. Either use Amazon Pay ICICI for a 5% cashback on Amazon.
Fees: LTF
or
b. Use SBI Cashback CC for a 5% cashback on all online spends.
Fees: Rs. 999

4. Foreign Currency Markup:
You may use Scapia CC for 0% markup.
They are giving less limit though.

5. UPI:
You may use Axis Bank Kwik CC. It gives 2% cashback on UPI when paying via the Kiwi App.
It is LTF.

Last edited:

Skylar

KF Master
I suggest the cards you can use for better cashback returns for some categories.

1. Utilities: Airtel Axis CC gives 10% cashback up to Rs. 300 plus 25% cashback up to Rs. 300 (for Airtel recharges).
Fees: Rs. 499

2. IRCTC: HDFC Millenia CC gives 5% cashback on booking via smart buy.
I'd suggest upgrading your existing card BizMoneyBack.
Fees: Rs. 1000

3. Online Spends:
a. Either use Amazon Pay ICICI for a 5% cashback on Amazon.
Fees: LTF
or
b. Use SBI Cashback CC for a 5% cashback on all online spends.
Fees: Rs. 999

4. Foreign Currency Markup:
You may use Scapia CC for 0% markup.
They are giving less limit though.

5. UPI:
You may use Axis Bank Kwik CC. It gives 2% cashback on UPI when paying via the Kiwi App.
It is LTF.
Thank you very much for taking the time to write everything in detail! 😊

Previously, the Airtel app used to send daily push notifications urging users to apply for the Airtel Axis Card. However, when I recently checked, it displayed a message indicating that there are currently no offers available, and I should try again after a few months.

I have to upgrade my HDFC card to Millenia and also apply for the SBI Cashback Card.

Regarding foreign transactions, my usage is close to zero.

And, the 2% cashback on UPI transactions is indeed remarkable! I haven't heard about it, have to get that card 🌟

Karunakara

KF Mentor
I have compiled a cashback comparison of the credit cards I currently possess. This comparison was inspired by the discussions in the CM social threads. I kindly request you to review it and provide feedback if there are any errors. Additionally, I would appreciate any suggestions on areas where I might have overlooked potential benefits for specific cards.

View attachment 277
Great work done. Appreciate your efforts. I would mention that HDFC Tata Nue Plus gives 7% returns when spent on shopping in Tata Nue app and gives 2% on utilities on Tata Nue app and 2% on jewellery at Tanishq only.

Skylar

KF Master
In our city, other jewelry stores consistently offer more competitive prices and better deals compared to Tanishq. Similarly, when it comes to groceries, other websites consistently provide better discounted rates than the Tata Neu app, even after accounting for the 7% cashback. As a result, my overall spending on the Tata Neu app remains significantly lower. 😅 Additionally, my Tata Neu card, which is just a month old, hasn’t been fully explored yet, but I plan to do so soon.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Thank you very much for taking the time to write everything in detail! 😊

Previously, the Airtel app used to send daily push notifications urging users to apply for the Airtel Axis Card. However, when I recently checked, it displayed a message indicating that there are currently no offers available, and I should try again after a few months.

I have to upgrade my HDFC card to Millenia and also apply for the SBI Cashback Card.

Regarding foreign transactions, my usage is close to zero.

And, the 2% cashback on UPI transactions is indeed remarkable! I haven't heard about it, have to get that card 🌟
Happy to help!

isandeep

KF Rookie
Try this
1. For online Spends use
- Amazon Pay ICICI - 5% cashback on Amazon. No fee.
- SBI Cashback CC - 5% cashback on online spends. Fee: Rs. 999.
2. For IRCTC HDFC Millenia CC - 5% cashback on smart buy. Upgrade to BizMoneyBack. Fee: Rs. 1000.
3. For utilities Airtel Axis CC - 10% cashback (up to Rs. 300) + 25% cashback for Airtel recharges. Fee: Rs. 499.
4. For foreign Currency Markup Scapia CC - 0% markup, lower limit.
5. For UPI Axis Bank Kwik CC - 2% cashback on UPI via Kiwi App. No fee.

Skylar

KF Master
Try this
1. For online Spends use
- Amazon Pay ICICI - 5% cashback on Amazon. No fee.
- SBI Cashback CC - 5% cashback on online spends. Fee: Rs. 999.
2. For IRCTC HDFC Millenia CC - 5% cashback on smart buy. Upgrade to BizMoneyBack. Fee: Rs. 1000.
3. For utilities Airtel Axis CC - 10% cashback (up to Rs. 300) + 25% cashback for Airtel recharges. Fee: Rs. 499.
4. For foreign Currency Markup Scapia CC - 0% markup, lower limit.
5. For UPI Axis Bank Kwik CC - 2% cashback on UPI via Kiwi App. No fee.
Thanks for the detailed suggestion :)

abhimarda

KF Mentor
5. UPI:
It is LTF.
This card is not being issued by Axis Bank currently and Axis Bank was the only partner which Kiwi had till now. As their rejection rate was quite high even for existing Axis CC customers Kiwi was looking for another banking partner...have heard rumours that they were in talk with Kotak but then RBI banned Kotak from issuing new credit cards

Last edited:

Hey_5

KF Mentor
Kwik is giving 2% return
Really
I heard it's giving only 1% rp,
And 0.2% axis edge rewards on more than 2k upi txns
Can anyone confirm
Please

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Any one ?
1% return only...refer their T&C as below...point b...it notes for scan and pay you get 2 kiwis for every Rs.50 (or 4 kiwis per Rs.100). Kiwi value is Rs.0.25 so works out to 1% return on scan and pay...remember if expenditure is not in scan and pay then the rewards are half i.e. 0.5% return.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240610_141816.jpg
    Screenshot_20240610_141816.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 3

abhimarda

KF Mentor
This card is not being issued by Axis Bank currently and Axis Bank was the only partner which Kiwi had till now. As their rejection rate was quite high even for existing Axis CC customers Kiwi was looking for another banking partner...have heard rumours that they were in talk with Kotak but then RBI banned Kotak from issuing new credit cards
Now are they approving easily ?
As noted this card is not being issued at all, there is no question of approvals.