Choices to invest in nps as central govt employees

Sir i am central govt employee i can not choose any% euity in active choice , i have compulsion to choose only 100% {G} govt bond in active choice. And also i can choose between LC50 AND LC25 only and there is no option to choose LC75.

My nps account was created by my employer via ofline form 8 years ago and the choose standard scheme but presently new central govt employees are asked to open enps by themselves and they can choose to invest in active choice with maximum equity or LC75 also.

This is clearly a discrimination because we old employees can invest in LC50 OR LC25 ONLY

KINDLY HELP ME

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Hi, you have the option to change both Fund Manager and Asset Allocation. You can only do this once in 1 year.

You need to fill up a form and submit the same with Nodal office. Attaching the form for your convenience.

Attachments

• NPS change in Asset Allocation .pdf
    260.8 KB · Views: 8

zacobite

KF Mentor
Sir i am central govt employee i can not choose any% euity in active choice , i have compulsion to choose only 100% {G} govt bond in active choice. And also i can choose between LC50 AND LC25 only and there is no option to choose LC75.

My nps account was created by my employer via ofline form 8 years ago and the choose standard scheme but presently new central govt employees are asked to open enps by themselves and they can choose to invest in active choice with maximum equity or LC75 also.

This is clearly a discrimination because we old employees can invest in LC50 OR LC25 ONLY

KINDLY HELP ME
active choice is available to all.. however it maybe restricted after a certain age.. call nos helpline and check.. changing pension manager wont solve your problem

Hi, you have the option to change both Fund Manager and Asset Allocation. You can only do this once in 1 year.

You need to fill up a form and submit the same with Nodal office. Attaching the form for your convenience.
Sir plz read the attachment you sent.
It says the same thing i am saying

We as central govt employees if choose active choice then we can invest in 100 govt bond only.
Or if we choos auto choice the we can choose only LC50 OR LC25.
THERE IS NO OPTION FOR LC75

zacobite

KF Mentor

We as central govt employees if choose active choice then we can invest in 100 govt bond only.
yes.. true that.. govt has restricted it for govt ees..can set up tier 2 with higher allocation..govt doesn't want too much risk for its own ees... i guess

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member

Open a tier -2 account. Offers higher flexibility but no tax benefits

guptajoy961

KF Expert

KINDLY HELP ME
## Understanding Your Situation

Based on the details you provided, it seems you are a central government employee who had your NPS (National Pension System) account created by your employer 8 years ago. At that time, the standard scheme was chosen for you, which did not allow for any equity investment. Instead, you were limited to a 100% investment in government bonds under the active choice option.

Additionally, you mentioned that newer central government employees are now able to open their own eNPS (electronic NPS) accounts and have the option to invest in active choice with maximum equity or the LC75 (Life Cycle Fund 75) scheme. This appears to be a discrepancy compared to the options available to you as an older employee.

## Addressing the Discrimination Concern

The difference in investment options between older and newer central government employees does seem to be a case of discrimination. While the NPS rules and regulations may have evolved over time, it is understandable that you feel this is unfair, as you are limited to the LC50 (Life Cycle Fund 50) or LC25 (Life Cycle Fund 25) schemes, while newer employees have more flexibility.

## Potential Solutions and Recommendations

1. **Understand the Rationale**: It would be helpful to understand the reasoning behind the different investment options for older and newer employees. This may involve reaching out to your employer or the NPS authorities to inquire about the policy changes and the rationale behind them.

2. **Explore Possible Exceptions or Adjustments**: Depending on the specific rules and regulations, there may be possibilities for you to request an exception or adjustment to your investment options. This could involve a one-time opportunity to switch to a more flexible active choice or LC75 scheme.

3. **Advocate for Policy Changes**: If the discrepancy in investment options is indeed a case of discrimination, you could consider advocating for policy changes that would allow older employees like yourself to have access to the same investment options as newer employees. This may involve reaching out to relevant authorities, unions, or organizations that can help address this issue.

4. **Seek Professional Advice**: It may be beneficial to consult with a financial advisor or NPS expert who can provide personalized guidance on your specific situation and help you navigate the available options, as well as any potential avenues for addressing the perceived discrimination.

## Conclusion

The discrepancy in investment options between older and newer central government employees does seem to be a valid concern. By understanding the rationale behind the policy changes, exploring possible exceptions or adjustments, advocating for policy changes, and seeking professional advice, you may be able to find a suitable solution or at least have your voice heard on this matter. I hope these suggestions provide a logical and detailed approach to addressing your situation.