Complaint against Credit Agency (CIBIL, Equifax)

Manoj Kohli

KF Expert
My bank has incorrectly shown a personal loan against my name due to which my CIBIL score has taken a hit of 35 points. Have tried contacting both my Bank and Credit Agency but no help. Please suggest what can I do here?

Every Bank has an internal complaint resolution matrix. Generally it is 10 days at branch level, 20 days with nodal officers. Post 30 days you may write to Banking Ombudsman. Always have a written complaint and record complaint number if provided by the Bank. There is always a complaint register at the Banks but if your aren't visiting the Bank then you may raise the complaint via email.

Please ensure you provide all the follow ups to Banking ombudsman when you write to them. This will save a lot of investigation time and help you get faster resolution.

In this case if you have not availed any personal loan but still the Bank is showing records then ask for loan schedule copy from the Bank for better clarity.

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
Every Bank has an internal complaint resolution matrix. Generally it is 10 days at branch level, 20 days with nodal officers. Post 30 days you may write to Banking Ombudsman. Always have a written complaint and record complaint number if provided by the Bank. There is always a complaint register at the Banks but if your aren't visiting the Bank then you may raise the complaint via email.

Please ensure you provide all the follow ups to Banking ombudsman when you write to them. This will save a lot of investigation time and help you get faster resolution.

In this case if you have not availed any personal loan but still the Bank is showing records then ask for loan schedule copy from the Bank for better clarity.
Shouldn't this be reported on CIBIL dispute website?

My bank has incorrectly shown a personal loan against my name due to which my CIBIL score has taken a hit of 35 points. Have tried contacting both my Bank and Credit Agency but no help. Please suggest what can I do here?
I have faced a similar issue..here's how I got it resolved..

Check your score on some other agency also...I would suggest check on experian ...There dispute raising system is quite easy and helpful.

Once you get report and it shows the wrong personal loan...just raise ticket and then they will contact the bank on your behalf and get it rectified...

In my case the loan was taken against a pan card having similar number as mine just one letter was different..

The resolution will take some time ..mine took a longer ...I had to contact experian customer support get the ticket escalated and then it was resolved in 2-3 weeks of time

nectarzzzz

KF Rookie
You can complain against them from cibil official website or use cred they have very easy way to report about it go to credit card section then go to support from there chose incorrect information then report your incorrect marked entry

You can complain against them from cibil official website or use cred they have very easy way to report about it go to credit card section then go to support from there chose incorrect information then report your incorrect marked entry
CRED doesn't allow to report directly from their end ..they forward you to experian/crif from where report is generated..
Even if you all their customer call then they all say same thing that they are not generating report ..they just show you the report

Neutron

KF Rookie
Better solution is write to your bank, taking their escalation authorities in CC and in case of non resolution in time frame lodge the complaint to RBI Ombudsman