Credit card closure

Raj2708

KF Expert
Senerio 1: I have Icici credit card all are LTF cards (1Apay,1visa platinum,1rupay coral). Rupay coral is of no use for me and I also don't know the benefits. Initially when I use rupay coral its has UPI failure most of time. I avoid using it. I use sbi simply save and tata neu for UPI.
Q1. I want t close my ICICI rupay Coral card is it will be good decision.
Q2 How much max card ICICI offer at one time.
Q3. In my cibil(Equifax) I found 1entry for my all icici card as all are in sharing limit. Will it impact my cibil, if yes then by how much.

Senerio 2:
I have 2 Axis Bank credit card:
1 Flipkart Axis 2nd axis (LTF)neo.
I am planning to close my Flipkart as it's fee reversal is on 3.5 lakh.. I am currently at 2.2lakh but it can't be achieved for when you have multiple card.
But as per my cibil Axis is mentioned 2times but the limit is shared between them.
I am planning to close Flipkart card because I have Amazon card and prime. Flipkart card is worst everywhere other than Flipkart. It takes so long for the cashback when you forget about that.
If I got Convert into LTF then I will put in my purse ideally with minimal use or no use.( Any method to convert in LTF)

Just I am confused with 2senerio should I close this after specific time intervals.
1st Flipkart and after 6month ICICI .

As Flipkart card is marked in cibil and neo is also marked in cibil seperately how it will impact cibil by how much points.

Just a genuine suggestion needed.

Skylar

KF Master
Senerio 1: I have Icici credit card all are LTF cards (1Apay,1visa platinum,1rupay coral). Rupay coral is of no use for me and I also don't know the benefits. Initially when I use rupay coral its has UPI failure most of time. I avoid using it. I use sbi simply save and tata neu for UPI.
Q3. In my cibil(Equifax) I found 1entry for my all icici card as all are in sharing limit. Will it impact my cibil, if yes then by how much.

Senerio 2:
I am planning to close my Flipkart as it's fee reversal is on 3.5 lakh.. I am currently at 2.2lakh but it can't be achieved for when you have multiple card.
But as per my cibil Axis is mentioned 2times but the limit is shared between them.
I am planning to close Flipkart card because I have Amazon card and prime. Flipkart card is worst everywhere other than Flipkart. It takes so long for the cashback when you forget about that.
If I got Convert into LTF then I will put in my purse ideally with minimal use or no use.( Any method to convert in LTF)

Just I am confused with 2senerio should I close this after specific time intervals.

As Flipkart card is marked in cibil and neo is also marked in cibil seperately how it will impact cibil by how much points.

Even ICICI Apay card would be marked separately!
- ICICI Co-branded cards and Gemstone cards are listed Spratly. Can you check once again and confirm it?

Skylar

KF Master

Senerio 2:

I would close platinum card and keep the coral just so that I could get upgrades and I have seen 4 ICICI cards with my friends not sure how many we can hold.

- 3.5lac is too much for the return that Flipkart card offers better close it and get Airtel or ace.
and Closing cards will not drop your score. In a few cases it would increase the score if you check the simulator on cibil site or on Gpay.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Don't think there is any limit on the number of ICICI cards one can hold. Including 2 Rubyx(Mastercard and Amex), 2 Sapphiro (Mastercard and Amex), currently I have Coral, Amazon ICICI and platinum....so 7 in total.. might close Rubyx duo in some time

Skylar

KF Master
1725765477300.png
For me it shows seperate ICICI apay and ICICI Coral cards. :unsure:
Have you checked the same on CIBIL website or app?

Skylar

KF Master
My limit are shared between All card of ICICI, Wbt urs?
Same limit is shared with all the cards but when asked Costumer support they told me that on reports co-branded cards will be listed separate and all gemstone cards like coral, rubyx etc will be listed as one. But this is like 6 months back things could have changed now.

shivtej

KF Ace
Same limit is shared with all the cards but when asked Costumer support they told me that on reports co-branded cards will be listed separate and all gemstone cards like coral, rubyx etc will be listed as one. But this is like 6 months back things could have changed now.
Is platinum considered in the gemstone collection of ICICI?

shivtej

KF Ace
View attachment 1689
For me it shows seperate ICICI apay and ICICI Coral cards. :unsure:
Have you checked the same on CIBIL website or app?
How come you have 2 entries of HDFC as well?
Is it because of limit enhancement, because I have got it as well and it is showing as a different account in CIBIL.
Will it be merged in future, or does it keep showing 2 accounts or one with older limit gets closed.
How does this work?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Is platinum considered in the gemstone collection of ICICI?
Nope....it has Coral, Rubyx and Sapphiro in this line. They also have more premium versions of cards in this lineup but not sure if they really for part of normal gemstone line. They are Emeralde and Diamant category cards with Diamant being super premium.

Skylar

KF Master
How come you have 2 entries of HDFC as well?
Is it because of limit enhancement, because I have got it as well and it is showing as a different account in CIBIL.
Will it be merged in future, or does it keep showing 2 accounts or one with older limit gets closed.
How does this work?
In the screenshot, only two accounts are visible, but I actually have three HDFC accounts: MB+, Tata Neu Plus, and Swiggy HDFC.

All three have the same shared limit but are shown as different accounts on CIBIL.