Credit card for NRI

prakashJ

KF Rookie
Hi everyone,
I'm an NRI who tried many times applying unsecured credit card and rejected all the times. Now i want to apply for a secured card (as there's no other option). I know there's few cards out there. But my concerns are...
I'm ready to open a FD Account with any bank but without opening NRE/NRO Account.
I definitely need international lounge access at least 2 per year.
I can make 50K FD max. But i enquired with HDFC they're asking 4L FD. is there any other bank with lesser amt?
Can i apply secured credit card simultaneously at two banks, or i should go for card to card basis.

Please clarify. Thanks a ton in advance

Jude

Skylar

KF Master
Hi everyone,
I'm an NRI who tried many times applying unsecured credit card and rejected all the times. Now i want to apply for a secured card (as there's no other option). I know there's few cards out there. But my concerns are...
I'm ready to open a FD Account with any bank but without opening NRE/NRO Account.
I definitely need international lounge access at least 2 per year.
I can make 50K FD max. But i enquired with HDFC they're asking 4L FD. is there any other bank with lesser amt?
Can i apply secured credit card simultaneously at two banks, or i should go for card to card basis.

Please clarify. Thanks a ton in advance

Jude
FD cards do not get you international lounge access.

prakashJ

KF Rookie
I hope that's not a NRI Card and that is railway lounge. Anyways my cibil score is 776. What will be the suitable amount to make FD inorder to increase my credit score

Skylar

KF Master
I hope that's not a NRI Card and that is railway lounge. Anyways my cibil score is 776. What will be the suitable amount to make FD inorder to increase my credit score
You'll be staying in India?
Got savings account in India?

prakashJ

KF Rookie
You'll be staying in India?
Got savings account in India?
No, ill be staying outside india. Just coming for vacation 2 or 3 times per year. I need credit card for my utilities and lounges and family medical purpose.
I have a NRE and a NRO account.

My personal experience was in 2016-2017 I was out for a year but did not change my accounts to NRE or NRO. I already had a SBI CC but did not use it at that time.
My suggestion would be to check with your RM where you currently have your accounts.
They will be best to guide you which card will be suitable for your specific needs. Also they would be in a better position to push your application instead of applying it online and getting it rejected.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
My personal experience was in 2016-2017 I was out for a year but did not change my accounts to NRE or NRO. I already had a SBI CC but did not use it at that time.
My suggestion would be to check with your RM where you currently have your accounts.
They will be best to guide you which card will be suitable for your specific needs. Also they would be in a better position to push your application instead of applying it online and getting it rejected.
I agree with this, better to contact the bank person because he has a relationship with you and will help you and push you towards their other products like credit card. With this you will be able to get a better card with great benefits which are not so with online application.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
I agree with this, better to contact the bank person because he has a relationship with you and will help you and push you towards their other products like credit card. With this you will be able to get a better card with great benefits which are not so with online application.
For FD based cards you can try IDFC WOW credit card, as per my knowledge they don't require you to open any additional account with them.
This is the second option first contact your own bank.

Last edited: