Credit Card for Occassional Traveling

Pankaj83

KF Rookie
Hi

Can someone pls suggest best travel card for occassional travelling? May be 1 or max 2 times a year.

I have zeroed out below but trying to find out the best out of these or any other suggestion is welcome.

a) IDFC Vistara Credeit Card.
b) Amex Platinum Credit Card
c) ICICI MMT Signature Credit Card

I want to make sure it gives me points/rewards for school fees payment or groceries. My annual spends might be around 5-7 lacs. I already have ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card. By seeing expensive air tickets I just thought to have travel credit card. The only issue I see with IDFC is that it is restricted to Vistara.

Regards

Pankaj

vamsi18

KF Ace
More specific details needed.

Firstly if you are expecting to fly only 1-2 times a year, there is no point in going for travel credit card. You can opt for a best cashback credit card.
All those cards that you placed are not Lifetime free and IDFC has 5k fee which is too much if you travel only once or twice a year.
If you still want a travel card, then what would be your flight trip? would it be domestic or international? If international trip then I would also suggest you to look into sbi air India card, this has offers against star alliance members and will work for many international flights.

Also you can go for HDFC Tataneu Infinity card, this will give you around 5% on Air India flights, also you can get returns from bigbasket for groceries and you will get 1.5% on school fee - u can pay with upi so no additional charges.

If possible share more details on your spends. The best card that suits you will depend on how much you might spend on flight tickets and how much you might spend on daily needs.

Pankaj83

KF Rookie
Thanks Vamsi.

Pls see my answers. The amount is per annnum.

If you still want a travel card, then what would be your flight trip?- Domestic but we have 5 family members.

Travel-Around 1-2 lacs. I generally opt for package excluding air tickets/train tickets. Tickets might be somewhere around 1 lac.

Grocery- Around 1.50 lacs. I generally use ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card.

Dining- 25K

School Fees & transport- 1.5 lacs which will increase to almost double in 2-3 years.

Insurance- 50K (It includes car & life insurance)

Utilities- 1.30 lacs (It includes electricity recharge, maintanance, broadband & phone bill)

Other expenses like home loan emi & mutual goes through my bank account & I don't there is any option to pay by credit.

Regards

Pankaj