Credit card have good reward points / cash back for insurance payment?

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
In general, most credit cards are starting to exclude (or have already excluded) insurance premiums from reward points/milestone benefits. If your insurer is supported on Amazon Pay, get Amazon Pay Gift Cards using Gyftr (You can use HDFC/Amex cards etc to get reward multiplier) and then use the Apay balance to pay the premium. If you do not wish to do this, you can use
1. Infinia/DCB which have 5k points cap per day
2. Regalia Gold card, it has 2k points cap per day
3. SBI Elite
4. ICICI coral

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I dont have above cards as mentioned. Do SBI cash back card give cashback on purchase of Amazon Gift card?
I am unsure of this, please check your SBI card portal and you should see a section for instant vouchers and that will have the options available, It shows for me in my SBI portal but I have the elite card. P.S. Get the Amazon pay one and not the shopping one for using for insurance payments.

spanmarc7

KF Rookie
Its showing same to me while logging on the portal. As i understand that i will be getting 1% GV in my GYFTR a/c & 5% cash back in my sbi cashback card as i m doing online transaction.

Attachments

• 1721047790698.png
    1721047790698.png
    664.7 KB · Views: 15

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Its showing same to me while logging on the portal. As i understand that i will be getting 1% GV in my GYFTR a/c & 5% cash back in my sbi cashback card as i m doing online transaction.
Yes, I think you can also get 5% back directly on Amazon (haven't tested this since I don't have the cash back card)

Hi,
I have HDFC Millennia CC, will it give me 5% reward points on payment of insurance premium on Amazon Pay. It gives me 5 % reward point on normal purchase on Amazon

abhimarda

KF Mentor
No, you won't be getting 5%cashback in gyftr. This transaction is excluded from cashback. Any gift shop/souvenir shop MCC is excluded. If you want to buy Amazon gift card buy from Amazon itself, there you will get. Nowadays most of the people are not getting an option to purchase Amazon gift card from Amazon using credit card. In that case you can buy the same from Tata Neu app using Sbi Cashback card..ensuring that while paying the merchant name appearing is Tata Digital...you will get 5% on that transaction.

Shubham

KF Ace
No, you won't be getting 5%cashback in gyftr. This transaction is excluded from cashback. Any gift shop/souvenir shop MCC is excluded. If you want to buy Amazon gift card buy from Amazon itself, there you will get. Nowadays most of the people are not getting an option to purchase Amazon gift card from Amazon using credit card. In that case you can buy the same from Tata Neu app using Sbi Cashback card..ensuring that while paying the merchant name appearing is Tata Digital...you will get 5% on that transaction.
Tata new also sells Amazon gift card?

Hi,
I have HDFC Millennia CC, will it give me 5% reward points on payment of insurance premium on Amazon Pay. It gives me 5 % reward point on normal purchase on Amazon
You can buy Amazon gift card from smartbuy using hdfc card which will give you around 6%(5+1). Redeem it on Amazon pay and then pay your premium