Credit card over limit

samratQ

KF Rookie
Suppose I have a limit of 200000 & I want to buy a stuff @220000. If I overpay my credit card with 20000. Than can I use that money to buy my stuff.?

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Suppose I have a limit of 200000 & I want to buy a stuff @220000. If I overpay my credit card with 20000. Than can I use that money to buy my stuff.?
You may be penalized for that. Talk to Customer Care, some have option of using over limit... There is such option in HDFC CardsIMG_20240712_151413.jpg

Skylar

KF Master
You have to make a single payment of 220k?
If you can divide that into parts and pay
like spend 50K pay the bill for that 50k and then spend the remaining :unsure:

Using overlimit will be chargeable.

samratQ

KF Rookie
You have to make a single payment of 220k?
If you can divide that into parts and pay
like spend 50K pay the bill for that 50k and then spend the remaining :unsure:

Using overlimit will be chargeable.
But after making payment in full only I can get the discount offer.

samratQ

KF Rookie
You may be penalized for that. Talk to Customer Care, some have option of using over limit... There is such option in HDFC Cards
You may be penalized for that. Talk to Customer Care, some have option of using over limit... There is such option in HDFC CardsView attachment 1160
Yes, their is a charge for over limit. Will it effect my credit score? If I pay the whole amount just after using the cc.?

Skylar

KF Master
But after making payment in full only I can get the discount offer.
Enabling the Overlimit option is the only choice, but keep in mind that there will be charges associated with using it. It’s advisable to compare the discount you receive with the overlimit fee. If your discount outweighs the fee, then enabling Overlimit would be the better option.

amitvicky

KF Expert
Enabling the Overlimit option is the only choice, but keep in mind that there will be charges associated with using it. It’s advisable to compare the discount you receive with the overlimit fee. If your discount outweighs the fee, then enabling Overlimit would be the better option.
Correct .. completely agree with Skylar...