Credit card Points for Better Flight ticket.

shubhamborad

KF Rookie
I've heard that people get points through credit cards and then use it to improve flight ticket from economy to business or else for Free or with discounts. is there any cards for getting better flights or getting access of Luxury flights like Business class?

Yes it is true. It depends on how much you spend on travelling.
If you travel in flights frequently then there are cards like Axis vistara, SBI vistara, Axis Atlas, Amex platinum travel, Amex platinum reserve, Standard chartered easemytrip etc. which will help you get points for traveling and some also give you complimentary premium economy or business class tickets.
But keep in mind that there is no ltf card in the above list and the fees are between 3000 to 6000 per year.

npgopaal

KF Rookie
Go for Vistara credit card from any of the following banks: SBI or Axis. It's really a value for money credit card.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Since Vistara is merging with Air India, I'd suggest to choose an Air India CBCC rather than a Vistara one. You can start accumulating points (they say that it will be a 1:1 points and tier transfer between Vistara and AI, but just to be safe :) )

Karunakara

KF Mentor
If you are a frequent flyer you need have travel cards. The rewards earned may be converted to air miles to book flight with rewards:
1. Reards give more value when used for flight booking. For example the value of HDFC reward is one rupee for booking flights tickets. But same reward is valued at 30 to 50 paise when redeemed for products and cash.

2. Travel cards yield more returns than cashback cards.

3. Club Vistara Cards issue free upgradation vouchers for free upgrade from economy to premium economy and premium economy to business class.

4. Axis Vistara gives free business class ticket as joining and renewal Benefit. Also offers commentary business class tickets on meeting spend milestones

vishalprakash

KF Expert
Yes it is true. It depends on how much you spend on travelling.
If you travel in flights frequently then there are cards like Axis vistara, SBI vistara, Axis Atlas, Amex platinum travel, Amex platinum reserve, Standard chartered easemytrip etc. which will help you get points for traveling and some also give you complimentary premium economy or business class tickets.
But keep in mind that there is no ltf card in the above list and the fees are between 3000 to 6000 per year.
pls check IDFC Vistara as well

Neeraj920

KF Expert
Since Vistara is merging with Air India, I'd suggest to choose an Air India CBCC rather than a Vistara one. You can start accumulating points (they say that it will be a 1:1 points and tier transfer between Vistara and AI, but just to be safe :) )
Are you referring to SBI Air India Signature card?
I don't see much benefit as they have some restrictions with point transfer. I mostly take Air India flights for international travel and I am also looking for some better miles card. Axis Atlas card is not worth it after devaluation. I have also signed up in Air India miles program where I have earned around 30 thousand points but their points redemption rate for flights is low.
I am also holding HDFC Regalia LTF card, but that card doesn't have better reward rates either.