Credit card rejection from axis and rbl

aajmera

KF Expert
I am having multiple credit card from multiple banks( with limited 5l plus), credit score 790. But I don't get credit card from 2 banks i.e.axis and rbl
Till today I don't know why they reject my application.

For axis, earlier I use to have a card, but it got expired in 2020, and I was not able to take new new card due to address issues. I was unable to visit branch due to COVID that time.
After 6 months they destroyed my card. Since then they never accept my application.

Idk the reason for rbl.

Can anyone help me in getting card for these 2 banks. I don't prefer credit card against fd, hence want it to be unsecured.

Skylar

KF Master
I am having multiple credit card from multiple banks( with limited 5l plus), credit score 790. But I don't get credit card from 2 banks i.e.axis and rbl

For axis, earlier I use to have a card, but it got expired in 2020, and I was not able to take new new card due to address issues. I was unable to visit branch due to COVID that time.
After 6 months they destroyed my card. Since then they never accept my application.

Idk the reason for rbl.

Can anyone help me in getting card for these 2 banks. I don't prefer credit card against fd, hence want it to be unsecured.
Axis you can try again, But why RBL?

vamsi18

KF Ace
My friend had similar issue with ICICI. He had one credit card and got the card destroyed due to some issues. When he tried applying for new credit card they did not issue one even though he has a salary account with them. Upon a lot of calls to customer care we got below info.
1. The card that is destroyed should be completely deleted. It should no more be visible in your cibil report also.
2. You cannot reapply for same level or below level card.
These are the two things they told us.
You can try to apply for card directly from branch instead of online.

RBL - no idea. anyhow they don't have that good LTF card.

aajmera

KF Expert
My friend had similar issue with ICICI. He had one credit card and got the card destroyed due to some issues. When he tried applying for new credit card they did not issue one even though he has a salary account with them. Upon a lot of calls to customer care we got below info.
1. The card that is destroyed should be completely deleted. It should no more be visible in your cibil report also.
2. You cannot reapply for same level or below level card.
These are the two things they told us.
You can try to apply for card directly from branch instead of online.

RBL - no idea. anyhow they don't have that good LTF card.
So he don't have any card from ICICI now?

guptajoy961

KF Expert

Idk the reason for rbl.

The main reasons why Axis Bank and RBL Bank may be rejecting your credit card applications despite your good credit score of 790 and existing credit cards from other banks could be:

1. Axis Bank: The fact that your previous Axis Bank credit card was closed due to address issues and inactivity in 2020 may be the reason they are not approving your new application. Banks often view such past account closures negatively, even if the reasons were outside your control. To get approved, you may need to visit the Axis Bank branch in person, update your address, and explain the circumstances around the previous card closure.

2. RBL Bank: Without knowing the specific details, it's difficult to pinpoint the exact reason for the RBL Bank rejections. Banks consider various factors like income, existing credit utilization, and credit history when evaluating applications. You could try reaching out to RBL Bank customer service to understand the reasons and see if there's anything you can do to improve your chances of approval.

The best approach would be to directly engage with the banks, update your information, and provide any additional documentation they may require. Persistence and clear communication are key to getting approved, especially when you have a strong overall credit profile.