Credit card utilisation

Skylar

KF Master
Does more credit card utilization affect our cibil score? If yes then how much utilisation is good for good cibil score?
10% to 30% is the safest
but occasionally crossing it won't affect your credit score.
Once I bought a laptop which is 90% of my card limit, and there was no effect as it was one time. If I repeat the high utilization ratio for couple of months then it could definitely affect my score.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
10% to 30% is the safest
but occasionally crossing it won't affect your credit score.
Once I bought a laptop which is 90% of my card limit, and there was no effect as it was one time. If I repeat the high utilization ratio for couple of months then it could definitely affect my score.
There's no lower limit of 10%.
It's okay to spend even 5% of your total limit. It won't decrease your credit score.
My spending has been less than 10% in the last few months and my CIBIL score is increasing.

Skylar

KF Master
There's no lower limit of 10%.
It's okay to spend even 5% of your total limit. It won't decrease your credit score.
My spending has been less than 10% in the last few months and my CIBIL score is increasing.
I didn't mean 10% as lower limit.
I said the rage of keeping it under 10 to 30 is safe.

Mosin

KF Rookie
Anybody Suggest me if i have 2 credit card for each i have credit limit of 125k and now according to credit utilisation rule ie 30% i can spend upto 36k from 1 card now if i have to purchase a smart phone values upto 50k on EMI from 1 card can this purchase affect my cibil score

Skylar

KF Master
Anybody Suggest me if i have 2 credit card for each i have credit limit of 125k and now according to credit utilisation rule ie 30% i can spend upto 36k from 1 card now if i have to purchase a smart phone values upto 50k on EMI from 1 card can this purchase affect my cibil score
It won't effect your score, don't worry about it much keep paying the EMI and amount due in time your score will be fine.
If you keep worrying about the score you can't enjoy the benefits of the card.

Are those 2 cards from same bank?

Mosin

KF Rookie
It won't effect your score, don't worry about it much keep paying the EMI and amount due in time your score will be fine.
If you keep worrying about the score you can't enjoy the benefits of the card.

Are those 2 cards from same bank?
From different bank one is HDFC millennia and the other is Flipkart axis bank