Credit cards getting declined

tejaskay

KF Ace
I just recently re applied for my Sbi cashback credit card which is still in process

I also ended up applying for the hdfc swiggy credit card by mistake which also got declined

Should i Start applying for lifetime free credit cards from these respective banks SBI, AXIS,HDFC
In order to get the more premium cards

As i was recently declined by HDFC (i also have a savings bank in hdfc) or sbi how long should i wait for applying for the lifetime free cards from now

Goal is to get as many credit cards i can for the upcoming Big billion days or Amazon great indian festival sale for heavy discount of electronic goods

My cibil is 765 and experion is 761

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Your best chance would be with HDFC. Wait for 3 months before re-applying. If you have a salary account with HDFC, speak to your relationship manager and they would be able to help.

tejaskay

KF Ace
Your best chance would be with HDFC. Wait for 3 months before re-applying. If you have a salary account with HDFC, speak to your relationship manager and they would be able to help.
I am not sure for of is it salaried or not how can i contact the relationship manager?

And also should i apply for a lifetime free ones or go for swiggy hdfc card

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I am not sure for of is it salaried or not how can i contact the relationship manager?

And also should i apply for a lifetime free ones or go for swiggy hdfc card
Salary account = the account where your salary gets deposited (if you open this through your company, it usually is tagged automatically). Your relationship manager details will be available on the HDFC app.

LTF vs Swiggy - this depends on your spending pattern and overall yearly spend. If you are able to claw back the annual fee, then go for Swiggy card, else try LTF ones.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
I just recently re applied for my Sbi cashback credit card which is still in process

I also ended up applying for the hdfc swiggy credit card by mistake which also got declined

Should i Start applying for lifetime free credit cards from these respective banks SBI, AXIS,HDFC
In order to get the more premium cards

As i was recently declined by HDFC (i also have a savings bank in hdfc) or sbi how long should i wait for applying for the lifetime free cards from now

Goal is to get as many credit cards i can for the upcoming Big billion days or Amazon great indian festival sale for heavy discount of electronic goods

My cibil is 765 and experion is 761
There isn't any LTF card if SBI. However, you can apply for ICICI and Axis card, some if which are LTF. Again, I am not sure if HDFC has any LTF card per se, though most of the banks provide their paid cards on LTF basis if there is a decent relationship. If your target is to have as many cards as possible for sale then having an SBI, ICICI, Axis and HDFC card should almost cover all sales.

tejaskay

KF Ace
Salary account = the account where your salary gets deposited (if you open this through your company, it usually is tagged automatically). Your relationship manager details will be available on the HDFC app.

LTF vs Swiggy - this depends on your spending pattern and overall yearly spend. If you are able to claw back the annual fee, then go for Swiggy card, else try LTF ones.
ok thanks

tejaskay

KF Ace
There isn't any LTF card if SBI. However, you can apply for ICICI and Axis card, some if which are LTF. Again, I am not sure if HDFC has any LTF card per se, though most of the banks provide their paid cards on LTF basis if there is a decent relationship. If your target is to have as many cards as possible for sale then having an SBI, ICICI, Axis and HDFC card should almost cover all sales.
already have only 1 card which is Amazon pay icici card i have a bank account in hdfc which is new just only got my first 1 month salary last month so how long should i wait to apply for a card as per a bank employee from HDFC said wait for someone to call you should i do that?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
already have only 1 card which is Amazon pay icici card i have a bank account in hdfc which is new just only got my first 1 month salary last month so how long should i wait to apply for a card as per a bank employee from HDFC said wait for someone to call you should i do that?
Amazon pay ICICI won't work in sales on most sites as it's cobranded card. You should not apply cards in haste just because of some sales. The choice of card is important and you may not get the card which you want to take immediately with short credit history.

hitirfan

KF Mentor
You will get pre-approved card from HDFC bank in few months.

HDFC, SBI doesn't have any LTF cards.

Try Axis Neo which is currently LTF given on CIBIL score basis.

ICICI Platinum CC is LTF