Debit card for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana

arunsoni

KF Rookie
Dear Esteemed Team Members,

I hope this message finds you well.
I am writing to inquire about a recent development regarding debit card maintenance charges. Previously, when my debit card was issued or reissued, there were no associated maintenance fees. However, I have recently observed that banks have commenced charging fees for providing Rupay International Debit Cards to their account holders. Could you kindly provide clarification on when this policy change was instituted? Furthermore, I am curious why the account holders were not informed of these changes through channels such as SMS or email.

Additionally, I have been unable to locate the relevant RBI circular pertaining to this matter. Even if such changes were made specifically for accounts under schemes like Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana or Zero Frills accounts, why were notifications not disseminated to alert affected individuals? I am aware that currently, SMS alerts from banks are provided free of charge, but there is concern that this may change in the future.
I would appreciate your guidance and clarification on these matters. Please feel free to correct any misunderstandings I may have.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Arun

zacobite

KF Mentor

I am writing to inquire about a recent development regarding debit card maintenance charges. Previously, when my debit card was issued or reissued, there were no associated maintenance fees. However, I have recently observed that banks have commenced charging fees for providing Rupay International Debit Cards to their account holders. Could you kindly provide clarification on when this policy change was instituted? Furthermore, I am curious why the account holders were not informed of these changes through channels such as SMS or email.

Additionally, I have been unable to locate the relevant RBI circular pertaining to this matter. Even if such changes were made specifically for accounts under schemes like Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana or Zero Frills accounts, why were notifications not disseminated to alert affected individuals? I am aware that currently, SMS alerts from banks are provided free of charge, but there is concern that this may change in the future.
I would appreciate your guidance and clarification on these matters. Please feel free to correct any misunderstandings I may have.

Sincerely,

Arun
They have communicated publicly as well..so that stands along with required notice.. every bank is mandatory to have a free atm / dc.. you can take that

arunsoni

KF Rookie
Sir, I am not able to understand 2 things, i.e. UCO Bank, Andheri West Branch, Mumbai has started taking debit card charges, in the name reissue charges, if then whom should I complain regarding of this also, please guide me, because earlier they never charged on new debit card or renewal of the card also, please guide me.

Sincerely,

Arun
*****.spgrs.ucoonline.in/ you can register your complain here
hosp.cscell***@ucobank.co.in
You can also email here.
Pmjdy is a lifetime zero balance account with free rupay debit card with no charges .
You can complain about it .

Last edited by a moderator:

arunsoni

KF Rookie
If I complain to head office and if they have revised the rules and regulations without prior intimation then, what I should do please guide me in that also.

If I complain to head office and if they have revised the rules and regulations without prior intimation then, what I should do please guide me in that also.
I also have pmjdy account in boi since 2020.
I have not been charged any kind of charges .
Pmjdy is a govt scheme and bank does not hold any authority to change rules and regulations on their own .
Also , if you don't mind can you share the img of debit card hiding all the details.

arunsoni

KF Rookie
Respected Sir / Madam,

I will sharing with you Debit card details with masking, bank statement where charges are taken and also spoke with branch manager chat screenshot without his number or name showing to you as follows:-

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Account_statement.jpg
    Account_statement.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 4
  • old debit card.jpg
    old debit card.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 4

arunsoni

KF Rookie
I have not still yet received it but see the charges which I had told you, for that any comments, coz I have shared all screenshots also, please guide in that also

arunsoni

KF Rookie
Customer care number always goes on IVR so many times tried, I will try again, tried their number and I think so they have issued Rupay International Debit Card or RuPay Platinum International Debit Card (Personalised) might I do not it

Last edited:

arunsoni

KF Rookie
Respected Team,

Sorry for late reply to you all, I have got Rupay Personalized Debit Card which is chargeable, this is latest update from bank and I have received it. Kindly update from your end also.

Respected Team,

Sorry for late reply to you all, I have got Rupay Personalized Debit Card which is chargeable, this is latest update from bank and I have received it. Kindly update from your end also.
Then you are also liable to pay annual maintenance charges.

If you want to keep that atm , then no issue otherwise you can close that atm and ask for general rupay atm .

arunsoni

KF Rookie
They are giving each customer this one and do not have general rupay atm card and not in the website also listed