Do auto-debits from the accounts affect credit scores?

Hi all, I hope you guys have registered for the full payment auto-debit facility for your credit card. If the auto-debit happens for your full payment due, does it affect your credit score?

shashwat

KF Ace
The mode of payment is irrelevant to the credit score. Only the fact that it is paid on-time or not. You can always auto-debit or pay manually.

I personally have auto-debit enabled, because it's one less thing to take care of, and I don't expect the bank to make a mistake and miss my payment, while I may forget if I'm busy.

Harshal Mutha

KF Rookie
Hi all, I hope you guys have registered for the full payment auto-debit facility for your credit card. If the auto-debit happens for your full payment due, does it affect your credit score?
Auto debit makes sure your bill is always paid on time. Last year I bought my car on emi with a negative credit score. Every month an amount is auto debited and my emi amount is being paid on time, this has made my credit score to increase.

uditgupta1010

KF Rookie
It does not affect CIBIL Score, if you do auto debit or manual. But if you already paid manually, it is better to turn off auto debit for the month as extra money would be credited to the CC