do i need to update my pan card?

Prince

KF Mentor
Yes, you have to file PAN Correction Application Form for getting the details Updated, whereas its recommended to get the same done from certified person, as in case of errors you need to do the whole process again and if the application is wrongly filled and another PAN is generated then a person can suffer from penalty (for holding two PAN's)

In case you need any assistance. Feel free to ping

abhimarda

KF Mentor
hey i have minor pan card so do i have to update it or automatically it will updated ?
But why to update and cause confusion? Minor's pan card does not have photo or signature and can't be used as a proof. Any income generated for minor will be clubbed with parents against their Pan number. Better to update it one the actual pan card with photo and sign is available i.e. once minor turns major.

Hey folks,
Is there a standard naming pattern for PAN Card, Like I have my Name and Initials printed on my PAN card.
I read somewhere that the we should specify fully the firstname , middle name and lastname and should not use initials. Please give me some info on the name pattern please

Thanks in advance

Siddarth

Prince

KF Mentor
Hey folks,
Is there a standard naming pattern for PAN Card, Like I have my Name and Initials printed on my PAN card.
I read somewhere that the we should specify fully the firstname , middle name and lastname and should not use initials. Please give me some info on the name pattern please

Thanks in advance

Siddarth
Yes the correct naming pattern is specify fully the first name , middle name and last name

Prince

KF Mentor
But why to update and cause confusion? Minor's pan card does not have photo or signature and can't be used as a proof. Any income generated for minor will be clubbed with parents against their Pan number. Better to update it one the actual pan card with photo and sign is available i.e. once minor turns major.
That's what he is asking indirectly (once minor turns major)

Prince

KF Mentor
No need to update unless you need name changes as per SSLC certificate.

You can upload latest photo and signature in the pan card. But this is completely optional. Don't worry.
No, you can not upload Photo and signature, without PAN Correction, and its not optionally, Once minor turns in major, neither Bank nor any Govt Authority will accept the PAN is Photo ID Proof unless the same contains Photo and Other details.