Exit Load in MFs?

Meet Patel

KF Ace
Generally In MFs exit load is about 1% if reedemed in 1 year(Equity Segment). But for last few times I've seen this type of exit Load in MFs ("For units more than 12% of the investments, an exit load of 1% if redeemed within 12 months."). Can Anyone Explain me what is/How to calculate exit load in this type of MFs? Is it beneficial for us or For MF Houses?

nikhilchauhan

Administrator
Staff member
Generally In MFs exit load is about 1% if reedemed in 1 year(Equity Segment). But for last few times I've seen this type of exit Load in MFs ("For units more than 12% of the investments, an exit load of 1% if redeemed within 12 months."). Can Anyone Explain me what is/How to calculate exit load in this type of MFs? Is it beneficial for us or For MF Houses?
The exit load is charged when you redeem the mutual funds within 12 months. So that's what actually happening?

Meet Patel

KF Ace
The exit load is charged when you redeem the mutual funds within 12 months. So that's what actually happening?
Means MFs Charges 1% exit load on redemption before 12 months which is general thing but some MFs Exit Load condition is this: "For units more than 12% of the investments, an exit load of 1% if redeemed within 12 months." So i want to about this 12% of investment things what is this about and this type of condition is it beneficial for customers or beneficial for MFs?

saurabh.s

KF Expert
Means MFs Charges 1% exit load on redemption before 12 months which is general thing but some MFs Exit Load condition is this: "For units more than 12% of the investments, an exit load of 1% if redeemed within 12 months." So i want to about this 12% of investment things what is this about and this type of condition is it beneficial for customers or beneficial for MFs?
Suppose your current holding is 100 units in the investment. If you redeem =<12 units/equivalent amount of 12% (which is 12% of your investment), then 1% exit load will be charged.

The condition you're referring to states: "For units more than 12% of the investments, an exit load of 1% if redeemed within 12 months." This means that if the amount you redeem within 12 months exceeds 12% of your total investment in that particular mutual fund, you will incur an exit load of 1% on the excess amount.