Extending Bill date by Changing Credit Card Cycle

Prince

KF Mentor
Hi All,

I recently made a big transaction dated 13-07-2024 Credit Card Cycle is 13th to 12th of the Month (Last day of Credit card payment is 30th of the Month) , now the catch is, I have a cashback coupon which can be used on 02-09-2024.

Now ICICI has a option to update Billing Cycle, if I use that option and make cycle date as 20th of the Month making Last day of Payment for Bill generated Post 02-Sept 2024, Will that work, as in

ICICI will issue the Statement or old period first (before making changes) and will issue another Credit Card Statement with the latest billing cycle at the later date ?
Or Issue a consolidated Statement for 13th July to 20th August of the Month.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
From my experience using Amex, change in billing cycle comes into effect after you pay the current cycle bill. This is specially done so that you don’t get interest free credit for more than 45/50 days 😂

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi All,

I recently made a big transaction dated 13-07-2024 Credit Card Cycle is 13th to 12th of the Month (Last day of Credit card payment is 30th of the Month) , now the catch is, I have a cashback coupon which can be used on 02-09-2024.

Now ICICI has a option to update Billing Cycle, if I use that option and make cycle date as 20th of the Month making Last day of Payment for Bill generated Post 02-Sept 2024, Will that work, as in

ICICI will issue the Statement or old period first (before making changes) and will issue another Credit Card Statement with the latest billing cycle at the later date ?
Or Issue a consolidated Statement for 13th July to 20th August of the Month.
balance has to be zero for bill cycle to change

santoshraut

KF Expert
Yes, in my case i updated billing cycle even before a week of next billing cycle it skipped upcoming bill and bill generated on next updated billing cycle date only. But you can update it only once in a year.