FD or RD: Which Gives Maximum Returns?

Maitri Maniya

KF Expert
I'm trying to decide between Fixed Deposits (FDs) and Recurring Deposits (RDs) for the best returns. I can invest either a lump sum or monthly. Which option offers the highest returns?

Maitri Maniya

KF Expert
also, I recently came across the Blance App, which offers a recurring deposit scheme with a promised return of 10%. Is it legitimate and reliable? any review about this?

zacobite

KF Mentor
also, I recently came across the Blance App, which offers a recurring deposit scheme with a promised return of 10%. Is it legitimate and reliable? any review about this?
haven't heard.. too many new apps.. i don't do kyc on these unknown apps for a few rupees more.. their service recovery is usually quite poor in case of any issues / fraud.. lots of ads for stable money app nowadays.. for fds.. haven't tried that as well

Last edited:

Robin77

KF Rookie
When comparing Fixed Deposits (FDs) and Recurring Deposits (RDs), the maximum returns largely depend on your investment goals. FDs typically offer higher interest rates and are ideal for lump-sum investments. RDs, on the other hand, provide disciplined savings with regular contributions but may offer slightly lower returns. Choose FDs for higher yields on a one-time investment and RDs for steady savings with compound interest benefits.

amitvicky

KF Expert
You can open a FD with the amount you have for investment, and ask bank to open RD using the monthly interest from that FD.

Else, you may also opt for monthly SIP as well which might give higher returns as compared to FD and RD.

But if FD / RD are the only option then try on what I mentioned.

_rohitsoni

KF Expert
If you can invest lumpsum, then FD is better. Go with smaller established banks like IndusInd, IDFC Kotak (if you want to book for 180 days, if i remember correctly due to some offer they were offering 7%pa).
Well known small finance banks are ok too, but make sure per bank per PAN the maturity amount is less than 5L (incl. interest).

Stable money is good too but I've seen very limited set of banks in that app, other than those investing in corporate bonds does not serve the purpose of FDs (secure capital)