First Credit card to start building credit score.

Raghavg123

KF Rookie
I currently have no cibil score and I ant to start building one. Please suggest me which credit card should I go for. Please suggest what are the best options. I am earning as of now and currently looking to build a good cibil score and then a credit card portfolio. Currently I would like to see if there is a lifetime free credit card if I am eligible for it.

Last edited:

abhimarda

KF Mentor
If you are not getting any unsecured credit card then take any secured card like IDFC Wow and use it for 1 year to make credit score. After that you may get unsecured card from other banks. You can check Onecard as well

Skylar

KF Master
I currently have no cibil score and I ant to start building one. Please suggest me which credit card should I go for. Please suggest what are the best options. I am earning as of now and currently looking to build a good cibil score and then a credit card portfolio. Currently I would like to see if there is a lifetime free credit card if I am eligible for it.
If you can make FD greater than 35K then "One Card" will be best options,

As of 31/03/2024
Myntra: 6% value back
Flipkart
: 3% value back.
Kalyan: 2% value back
MakeMyTrip (MMT)
: 5% value back
Nykaa
First Cry
: 3% value back
SonyLiv
: 30% value back on a 12-month subscription.
The Man Company: 12% value back.
Yatra: 8% value back
Bata
: 10% value back.
And here’s the cherry on top: every 500 coins can be converted into ₹50/- cash. 🌟

Dmart - spend 2500 and get 500 value back

Reliance smart - Spend 2500 and get 500 value back

and many more if you see "Around you" section of one card.

People will be like take IDFC wow, Kotak Dream different but nothing will give you offers as good as ONE CARD.

RitamModak

KF Rookie
From No Cibil score ..I used One card For secured credit card and after 3 months I applied For Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card ..and it give me 15000 limit . And in 2 years My cibil score is now 774 and experian of 820 . I should suggest you to activate flipkart pay later also .. because I think it also helped me .. I have limit of 90000 in flipkart pay later ( everyone in the community is telling that this will increase cibil but will not help to get a unsecured cc) . And that's all .. Also You can Consider IDFC WOW cc becuase it have some benefits ...but in my opinion One card is best .

Benefits of IDFC WOW :-

• There is no annual fee or joining fee for the card [IDFC FIRST Bank].
  • You get zero forex markup charges when you use your card abroad [IDFC FIRST Bank].
  • The card comes with a number of travel and lifestyle benefits, including:
    • Complimentary roadside assistance worth ₹1399 [IDFC FIRST Bank].
    • Fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all fuel stations across India, up to ₹200/month [IDFC FIRST Bank].
    • Personal Accident Cover of ₹2,00,000 and Lost Card Liability Cover of ₹25,000 [IDFC FIRST Bank].
    • Up to 20% discount at 1500+ restaurants and 15% discount at over 3000 Health & Wellness outlets [BankBazaar].
    • 50% off on BookMyShow movie tickets [IDFC FIRST Bank]
    • Earn 4x reward points on every transaction [IDFC FIRST Bank]. These points never expire and can be redeemed for a variety of purposes.
    • You can also earn interest on your FD while using the credit card. The interest rate can be up to 7.25% p.a. [IDFC FIRST Bank]

Benefits of One Card (which I liked most ):-

Monthly 40 rupees discount on amazon pay on bill payments and 30 rupees on cred (monthly).
And you can purchase gift cards which is best like myntra at 6% off , amazon at 4% off , flipkart at 2% off and much more .. you can check benefits from the link below

***********.getonecard.app/offers/

And Both Cards are offering same limit of fd value. and both have app support also.

Last edited:

Skylar

KF Master
Monthly 40 rupees discount on amazon pay on bill payments and 30 rupees on cred (monthly).
Can you elaborate how to use this? Yesterday on cred app it showed cashback offer if used ONE CARD so I used it but haven't got CB. I was wondering where I did the mistake and missed the CB

Raghavg123

KF Rookie
If you can make FD greater than 35K then "One Card" will be best options,

As of 31/03/2024
Myntra: 6% value back
Flipkart
: 3% value back.
Kalyan: 2% value back
MakeMyTrip (MMT)
Nykaa
First Cry
: 3% value back
SonyLiv
: 30% value back on a 12-month subscription.
The Man Company: 12% value back.
Yatra: 8% value back
Bata
: 10% value back.
And here’s the cherry on top: every 500 coins can be converted into ₹50/- cash. 🌟

Dmart - spend 2500 and get 500 value back

Reliance smart - Spend 2500 and get 500 value back

and many more if you see "Around you" section of one card.

People will be like take IDFC wow, Kotak Dream different but nothing will give you offers as good as ONE CARD.
Hey Skylar! Thank you for the elaborate reply however I am unable to get a One Card even though I am willing to spend the money.

Raghavg123

KF Rookie
Ohho that's trouble with pin code I guess
I don't know if there should be trouble regarding the same because I live in south Delhi and even the pincode should not be blocked by banks. I previously had offer from one card for the main a FD a couple of months back but I did not go for it and now there is no option regarding the same.

AV$

KF Expert
I don't know if there should be trouble regarding the same because I live in south Delhi and even the pincode should not be blocked by banks. I previously had offer from one card for the main a FD a couple of months back but I did not go for it and now there is no option regarding the same.
This issue is due to RBI issuing some kind of notice to Federal & SIB, both are banking partners of Onecard
Federal is their major FD card issuing partner now.
Maybe couple of months back you had offer from SBM, which is another banking partner of Onecard

AV$

KF Expert
What other credit card would you recommend to me then?

If you have too much money to put in the FD you can consider ICICI card for 10% discounts during sales.
When I opened their FD card, account was compulsory with minimum FD of 35K. 2 cards variant were available - Platinum and Coral

Kotak is the only bank which offers credit limit increase even on FD card so that's a plus point.
If you have kotak account you'll need only 5K FD to start but if you don't have a kotak account it will be around 10K FD to begin with.

Idfc wow credit card is the only FD card which has 0% forex so if you are looking to do international transactions that's where you should look. Also movie benefit on bookmyshow
Also for an additional fee of 199 they will give you a rupay credit card so you can do UPI transactions
It starts with 5K and as far as I know account opening is not mandatory.

Also Axis gives option for FD card for its account holders
So if you have Axis account you can call customer care and they will help you out.
You can even get MyZone FD based card, also some people reported getting Flipkart Axis too on FD but that might be difficult.

SBI too gives the option to have FD based credit card but there's no direct online process
You'll have to visit branch

I have no clue about HDFC

Other than these famous banks, BOB also gives its credit card on the basis of FD
Their recently launched credit card for women can be availed for 30K in FD

PNB is another bank which will provide a credit card on FD

Paisabazar app provide a credit card in partnership with SBM
Reward points are not great but can be converted directly into cash without any reward redemption fee so that's a positive.

Also apply for a couple of pay later services
The 2 I personally use are Simpl and Lazypay.
Reason - Wide range of acceptance and no usage fee (cough...fkart...cough)

Raghavg123

KF Rookie
I am getting HDFC moneyback plus credit card from HDFC as I am a customer. So should I go for it as is it is still and unsecured credit card and my yearly payment will also cross the threshold to waiver off the renewal fee.

Skylar

KF Master
I am getting HDFC moneyback plus credit card from HDFC as I am a customer. So should I go for it as is it is still and unsecured credit card and my yearly payment will also cross the threshold to waiver off the renewal fee.
Ask them if they could give you Millennia cause Money back is not a good card, I'm struck with it from an year, no upgrades and LE's

Reactions: AV$

AV$

KF Expert
Oh wow congrats
Yes that is a great option to start with specially when you are sure to cross the waiver limit so basically a lifetime free card 🔥
Also you will be eligible for card upgrade to one of the best cashback credit cards - Millennia
The best thing about HDFC credit cards are Payzapp, Smartbuy and Cashback even on EMI ❣️
Make sure to use all these effectively to maximise your return.

AV$

KF Expert
Can you elaborate how to use this? Yesterday on cred app it showed cashback offer if used ONE CARD so I used it but haven't got CB. I was wondering where I did the mistake and missed the CB
There's a minimum amount required
On Amazon it is direct discount
On cred most probably there will be cashback card which you'll have to claim by going in rewards section and scrolling down
There will be purple coloured card marked as unlocked.
You'll have to pull down that circle to consume 500 or 1000 coins and you'll get your cashback credited in cred wallet (which now can only be used to pay credit card bills NO SHOPPING)

Skylar

KF Master
There's a minimum amount required
On Amazon it is direct discount
On cred most probably there will be cashback card which you'll have to claim by going in rewards section and scrolling down
There will be purple coloured card marked as unlocked.
You'll have to pull down that circle to consume 500 or 1000 coins and you'll get your cashback credited in cred wallet (which now can only be used to pay credit card bills NO SHOPPING)
I did that 155 recharge of one month pack for my second number so missed the CB