First Unsecured Credit Card

Sam Maxi

KF Rookie
Hello Everyone,
I'm New to the Community and i Really Need Some Help.
I'm 20 (21 this October), i Am Not Studying, i Buy and Sell Computers, Laptops From My House Itself, Also a Novice Trader.

I have had Absolutely No Credit History and to Change that i Started with Getting a FD CC (Paisabazaar Step Up CC, Rs.2000 fd) on 19th June. And Surprisingly My Cibil(782) was Generated in a month on 22nd july and Experian(781) was Generated on 24th July. Now this was all about the Good Part. The Bad Part is Because of My Stupidity, i have More than 8-9 Enquiries itself for july. Not Applying Anywhere this month and later on, but still i made this huge mistake of checking every possible card Suitable for me.

Now as Everyone Keeps Saying that once i get my 1st Unsecured Card, I'll have lots of cards later on, but given my Situation, what do i have to Do? I'll Definetly wait till October but i eagerly want my First Unsecured Credit card.

Any Comments/Help/ Suggestion is truly Appreciated and Sorry for such a long Story

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Hello Everyone,
I'm New to the Community and i Really Need Some Help.
I'm 20 (21 this October), i Am Not Studying, i Buy and Sell Computers, Laptops From My House Itself, Also a Novice Trader.

I have had Absolutely No Credit History and to Change that i Started with Getting a FD CC (Paisabazaar Step Up CC, Rs.2000 fd) on 19th June. And Surprisingly My Cibil(782) was Generated in a month on 22nd july and Experian(781) was Generated on 24th July. Now this was all about the Good Part. The Bad Part is Because of My Stupidity, i have More than 8-9 Enquiries itself for july. Not Applying Anywhere this month and later on, but still i made this huge mistake of checking every possible card Suitable for me.

Now as Everyone Keeps Saying that once i get my 1st Unsecured Card, I'll have lots of cards later on, but given my Situation, what do i have to Do? I'll Definetly wait till October but i eagerly want my First Unsecured Credit card.

Any Comments/Help/ Suggestion is truly Appreciated and Sorry for such a long Story
Hi there!

A high credit score is definitely a great start, but it’s not the only factor for getting approved for an unsecured credit card. It’s important to build a solid credit history with 100% timely payments and at least 6-9 months of credit activity.

My suggestion would be to wait for the right moment. When it comes, consider starting with pre-approved credit card offers from your banks. If you don’t have an HDFC savings account, opening one might help with instant approval. You can also look into co-branded credit cards like Amazon Pay ICICI, Flipkart Axis, Airtel Axis, Kotak Myntra etc.

Hope this helps! 🤗

Never Stop Reading, Learning & Growing ✌️

Sam Maxi

KF Rookie
Hi there!

A high credit score is definitely a great start, but it’s not the only factor for getting approved for an unsecured credit card. It’s important to build a solid credit history with 100% timely payments and at least 6-9 months of credit activity.

My suggestion would be to wait for the right moment. When it comes, consider starting with pre-approved credit card offers from your banks. If you don’t have an HDFC savings account, opening one might help with instant approval. You can also look into co-branded credit cards like Amazon Pay ICICI, Flipkart Axis, Airtel Axis, Kotak Myntra etc.

Hope this helps! 🤗

Never Stop Reading, Learning & Growing ✌️
Heyy!

Thanks A Lott for the Input!

And Yes i already Opened a HDFC Account a Month Ago, Hopefully the Pre-Approved Offer Comes Soon.

Also, Yes I'll Make Sure the Payment History stays 100% and Not to apply for a card before the right time

Teja-

KF Ace
Heyy!

Thanks A Lott for the Input!

And Yes i already Opened a HDFC Account a Month Ago, Hopefully the Pre-Approved Offer Comes Soon.

Also, Yes I'll Make Sure the Payment History stays 100% and Not to apply for a card before the right time
Hey , that’s a great credit score but do rush for unsecured card , credit card provider also check 1 history of credit, 2 credit utilization,3 bill paid on time, 4, inquiries etc , wait for at least 7 months then apply unsecured basic life time card .. then you can have higher chance of high Cc approval.

Sam Maxi

KF Rookie
Hey , that’s a great credit score but do rush for unsecured card , credit card provider also check 1 history of credit, 2 credit utilization,3 bill paid on time, 4, inquiries etc , wait for at least 7 months then apply unsecured basic life time card .. then you can have higher chance of high Cc approval.
Hey, Thank You for the Suggestions, Definitely Learned my Lesson, Not gonna Make Same Mistakes Again :)