Got a call from my SBI branch regarding credit card, but....

1p2tv

KF Ace
I got a call from my SBI branch today regarding a credit card, the guy said that I have my name in the credit card eligible candidates' list and asked me to come to the branch.

I asked him if I can get the SBI Cashback credit card and he said yes. I also asked him if they will require an income proof or anything and he said no and that I am eligible for a credit card without any income proof.

But the thing is, a couple months back I applied for the SBI Cashback credit card online but I couldn't even complete the application (it would not move forward) and the next day, my application showed as declined.

I know that credit cards can only be applied once every 6 months so what am I supposed to do here? I forgot to mention to the guy about my application getting declined because I was talking while I was sleepy.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
I got a call from my SBI branch today regarding a credit card, the guy said that I have my name in the credit card eligible candidates' list and asked me to come to the branch.

I asked him if I can get the SBI Cashback credit card and he said yes. I also asked him if they will require an income proof or anything and he said no and that I am eligible for a credit card without any income proof.

But the thing is, a couple months back I applied for the SBI Cashback credit card online but I couldn't even complete the application (it would not move forward) and the next day, my application showed as declined.

I know that credit cards can only be applied once every 6 months so what am I supposed to do here? I forgot to mention to the guy about my application getting declined because I was talking while I was sleepy.
Hey! Right now, due to the festive season, SBI is approving most credit card applications. Last week, my neighbor got a similar call just like you and applied for the SimplyClick credit card without any income proof. He received the virtual card just 24 hours after submitting the application! Also my cousin received the same call and applied like my neighbor. However, my cousin’s credit card applications has been stuck due to technical issues for 8 days. So, if you want to try your luck, just apply for the cashback credit card via an agent. 🙃

1p2tv

KF Ace
Hey! Right now, due to the festive season, SBI is approving most credit card applications. Last week, my neighbor got a similar call just like you and applied for the SimplyClick credit card without any income proof. He received the virtual card just 24 hours after submitting the application! Also my cousin received the same call and applied like my neighbor. However, my cousin’s credit card applications has been stuck due to technical issues for 8 days. So, if you want to try your luck, just apply for the cashback credit card via an agent. 🙃
Hey. Thanks for replying. Can you please tell me how I can apply via an agent? Also, I am in a different city right now and won't be back to my home city till the end of the month. Will that be a problem?

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Hey. Thanks for replying. Can you please tell me how I can apply via an agent? Also, I am in a different city right now and won't be back to my home city till the end of the month. Will that be a problem?
Hey! You can call back the SBI branch executives who contacted you earlier about the credit card. Alternatively, you can send someone to your home branch and ask for the credit card agent (they usually have a separate desk in the corner). Once you get in touch with the agent, ask them to apply by providing all your documents via WhatsApp. You can share the OTP through your trusted person who you sent to the branch, ensuring protection from any kind of fraud. If you got the instant CC virtually like my neighbour then it's all worth it or else just waste of time & effort like my cousin.
Best of Luck ✌️