Got my OneCard approved yesterday, should I apply for more credit cards now?

Hey everyone!

I just got my OneCard approved yesterday, and now I'm thinking about applying for more credit cards, like the IndusInd credit card, etc. I'm wondering if this is a good idea or not.

Will applying for another credit card so soon after getting a new one have any negative impact on my credit score? Or could it actually be a positive move that helps my credit score in the long run?

I’d really appreciate any advice or personal experiences you can share. Thanks!

Skylar

KF Master
Will applying for another credit card so soon after getting a new one have any negative impact on my credit score?
The impact on your credit score depends on the length of your credit history. If your credit history is less than a year, you may experience a significant drop in your score. For a credit history between one and three years, the drop in score is minimal. If your credit history exceeds five years, the drop is negligible.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Hey everyone!

I just got my OneCard approved yesterday, and now I'm thinking about applying for more credit cards, like the IndusInd credit card, etc. I'm wondering if this is a good idea or not.

Will applying for another credit card so soon after getting a new one have any negative impact on my credit score? Or could it actually be a positive move that helps my credit score in the long run?

Why do you need more cards? Can you please explain your spends?

hitirfan

KF Mentor
No issue in applying another card, subject to conditions that your Credit score is good and doesn't have many enquiries in short time.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
Until and unless your spends are more and you require a card to get the benefit from it, don't apply for the other cards.
It will have some impact on your score as it will result in the enquiry from bank and the the card is not approved it will negatively impact you score.
So, when you have any pre-approved offer or you have some cards listed according to the expenses you are doing, don't apply for much cards.
One card will cater most of your needs and also giving you points which can later converted into cash. So its a win-win.

Dev chawla

KF Rookie
Hey everyone!

How did u receive an one card? Its beem reserved for me for quite some time now?

Aryan17

KF Rookie
Hey everyone!

i too got my idfc wow aporoved and with limit of 10000 based on FD
recieved the physical copy 5 days before can i now apply for the card i want

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Phale 6 months to 1 years use karo Credit Score/ Credit History badawo fir.

Ya wait fir bank's pre-approved offer. Koi private bank mai agar account hoga wo de sakte hain pre-approved offer kabhi

Skylar

KF Master
Nope you won't get unsecured cards that easily
you need at least 9 months of credit history or ITR/Salary slips

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hey everyone!

why the rush? u have just got a card.. use it..

launchcraft

KF Mentor
Until and unless your spends are more and you require a card to get the benefit from it, don't apply for the other cards.
It will have some impact on your score as it will result in the enquiry from bank and the the card is not approved it will negatively impact you score.
So, when you have any pre-approved offer or you have some cards listed according to the expenses you are doing, don't apply for much cards.

vishalprakash

KF Expert
Hey everyone!

what's your focused spending area/category or your spending behavior?

No card is perfect or poor. One thing I would suggest to everyone out here is to generate or get returns of at least 7-8 % annually from your CC, in some cases it goes till whooping 20% also. Do not settle for 2-3%, I repeat don't. Almost all LTF CC or basic cards only generate 2-3% return in general, except some cards or cases.

For instance, for some folks SBI Cashback CC seems to be expensive for them but let me tell you that I have already generated returns equivalent to its 30 years of its annual fee in 1.5 years only. This is just an example, there are many such cards.

Conclusion: - Find your priority spending area, and get that card irrespective of its annual fee, of course that doesn't mean you get useless expensive CCs like ICICI Emeralde CC.

I am open to share a sheet where you can find best suitable card for you. Just let me know.

Last edited:

gagan43

KF Expert
Hey everyone!

Wait for some time like in my case i was a user of one card since jan”22 and One C is my first cr card with limit of just 15000 but I’ve applied for icici amazon pay in same year (nov month) and got limit of 1,20,000 so please wait for some time after your 1st card and then apply for new one