GST

Urladhani

KF Rookie
I want complete information About GST.

The GST number I want for selling articles on amazon and Flipkart.

Please guide me

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
I want complete information About GST.

The GST number I want for selling articles on amazon and Flipkart.

Please guide me
Sure thing! Here's a simple breakdown:

What is GST?
GST stands for Goods and Services Tax. It's a tax you pay on goods and services you buy and sell. It's meant to replace many other taxes and make things simpler.

Why do you need a GST number?
If you want to sell products on platforms like Amazon and Flipkart, you need a GST number. This number is like an ID that shows you're registered to collect and pay GST.

How to get a GST number:
Watch MyOnlineCA(my preference) latest GST registration video or any YT video which you find relatable.

Using GST on Amazon and Flipkart:
  • Update your GSTIN: Once you have your GSTIN, update it on your seller accounts on Amazon and Flipkart.
  • Charge GST: When you sell products, you'll need to charge GST to your customers.(Use the search function to look up GST rates for specific goods or services.)
  • File returns: Regularly file GST returns to report your sales and the GST you've collected.

Pro Tip: Visit MyOnlineCA youtube channel for Business/GST related queries because his videos helped me a lot to set up my Friends Business. Also Watch Bekifaayati old funny shorts to understand in a nutshell. 🤗

I hope this helps! 😊

(Sources: Conversation with Gemini AI, Personal Past experiences, YouTube)