hdfc portal auto bill generation

I recently tried paying my credit card bill via hdfc debit card via their app , to avail the 1% cashback
And to my surprise the bill automatically appeared there within seconds, So I'm curious to know how this works , who do they collect and ask data from so quickly and know the bill amount to pay.
Does anyone know how this is done?

hitirfan

KF Mentor
I recently tried paying my credit card bill via hdfc debit card via their app , to avail the 1% cashback
And to my surprise the bill automatically appeared there within seconds, So I'm curious to know how this works , who do they collect and ask data from so quickly and know the bill amount to pay.
You allow them to fetch the bill

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Bill will fetch for the banks on BBPS. For the cards issued by banks currently not on BBPS, the bill does not fetch. It's the BBPS platform due to which the bill fetches.

Skylar

KF Master
😂 😂
BBPS awr bakhi sab q arahehy bich meh

- Apps take SMS permission
- When Bank send message of bill generation with ammount.
- All the apps access that and shows you due ammount in their app like it fetched it from bank

hitirfan

KF Mentor
😂 😂

- All the apps access that and shows you due ammount in their app like it fetched it from bank
Aise b agar kisi app mai number and credit card number dete hain to wo fetch karte hain na bill

abhimarda

KF Mentor
😂 😂

He is talking specifically about HDFC Billpay...if I am using desktop website there is no apps permission