HDFC Regalia Life Time Free

Varuns

KF Ace
I can see Regalia Gold Showing LIfetime Free credit card on my account.
1718344467614.png

But before activating the Card I tried to clear it with HDFC abnk over an email and got the response as:
"We wish to clarify that your Mastercard REGALIA GOLD credit card is first year free with an annual membership fee of Rs.2500.00.
From second year onwards, if you spend Rs. 400000.00 within previous year then the renewal fees will be waived off. We urge you to continue using your HDFC Card and make your shopping and entertainment more pleasurable and convenient."

Isn't this is a false practise to show Joining/Renewal Fees as Lifetime Free and the charging for Renewal.

Skylar

KF Master
I can see Regalia Gold Showing LIfetime Free credit card on my account.
View attachment 825

But before activating the Card I tried to clear it with HDFC abnk over an email and got the response as:
"We wish to clarify that your Mastercard REGALIA GOLD credit card is first year free with an annual membership fee of Rs.2500.00.
From second year onwards, if you spend Rs. 400000.00 within previous year then the renewal fees will be waived off. We urge you to continue using your HDFC Card and make your shopping and entertainment more pleasurable and convenient."

Isn't this is a false practise to show Joining/Renewal Fees as Lifetime Free and the charging for Renewal.
Can you send the whole picture? Hiding your details?

Skylar

KF Master
Take all the necessary screenshots and apply for the card.

And after receiving the card do not activate it, you'll keep getting calls to activate it then negotiate with them that it was shown LTF how can it be chargeable now, they would convert it into LTF.
If this doesn't work then activate the card and complain to RBI ombudsman with all the proofs then not just making it LTF, HDFC will also give compensation. DO not miss that card.

Varuns

KF Ace
should I wait for 1 year or complaint it now to RBI
as later they may say that they clarified to me in my mail that it has renewal fees