Help me to close my bank account

mera bank of India me account hai. usme minimum balance nahi hone ke Bajese minus balance h chuka hai. mujhe Ye account close krna hai par bank me mana kiye close krne ke liye. bank me pehele minus balance clear karne ke liye bol rehe hai. kya karu main ab ??

Skylar

KF Master
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has implemented guidelines to ensure that negative balances are not imposed on savings accounts as penalty charges. Here are the key points:

1. Notification by Banks:
    • If there is a default in maintaining the minimum balance or average minimum balance agreed upon between the bank and the customer, the bank must notify the customer clearly.
    • This notification can be sent via SMS, email, or a physical letter.
    • The notice informs the customer that if the minimum balance is not restored within a month, penal charges will be applicable.
  2. No Negative Balances:
    • Banks are prohibited from creating negative balances in savings accounts due to penalty charges.
    • Once the balance in a savings account reaches zero, banks should stop imposing charges for non-maintenance of the minimum balance.
  3. Customer Protection Measures:
    • The RBI emphasizes that banks should not take undue advantage of customer difficulties or inattention.
    • Instead of levying penal charges, banks should limit services available on accounts with insufficient balances to those available to Basic Savings Bank Deposit Accounts.
    • Services can be restored when the balances improve to the minimum required level.
  4. Disclosure and Communication:
    • Banks must ensure that the balance in savings accounts does not turn negative solely due to charges for non-maintenance of the minimum balance.
    • These guidelines should be communicated to all customers and disclosed on the bank’s website.
Remember that these rules are in place to protect consumers and promote fair banking practices.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
mera bank of India me account hai. usme minimum balance nahi hone ke Bajese minus balance h chuka hai. mujhe Ye account close krna hai par bank me mana kiye close krne ke liye. bank me pehele minus balance clear karne ke liye bol rehe hai. kya karu main ab ??
As per latest rules of RBI, you don't need to clear any negative balance.

nikhil54267

KF Rookie
It is not negative Balance . Minimum Balance Charge needs to be paid as the charge amount is lien marked in your account and the system will not allow them to close the account unless the Minimum Balance Charge is deducted from your account. It will be best to pay the Minimum Balance Amount at the earliest and close your account otherwise the charge will get accumulated.

Badi

KF Rookie
If they are not gave you solutions u can write a complaint regional office if they couldn't resolved your query then you can mail RBI

Akusahil

KF Ace
Tum bank account close kar sakte ho, you have to keep your account balance as zero, then bank cannot charge for that, ha par statement mein ya bank application mein minus balance show karega ghabrane ki jarurat nahi hai. Yad rahe last month koi bhi transaction na ho taki Bank walo ko Lage , ki tum account use nahi kar rahe ho. As per RBI guidelines account balance zero ho to without any charges you can close your account, ek exception hai tumhara bank account 1 saal purana hona chahiye.

Last edited:
Tweet karo .... Bolo according to RBI rules you cannot make my account negative.
They will surely do it.
(Fastest solution)