How Axis Bank messed up my Forex Payment.

Trilochan20

KF Expert
So on Aug 30, 2024 at 10:35am I received a mail from axis bank regarding inward remittance.

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that you have received a foreign inward remittance of USD 500.00vide reference number XXXXXXXXX for your account no: XXXXXXXXXXX2931.These funds are being processed seamlessly and are expected to be credited shortly to your account.We will get in touch with you if we require any further information regarding this remittance.

If you have any questions, you may contact your base branch. Also, to know more about any ongoing special offers on remittances, please contact your base branch.
Axis Bank is live on FX-Retail (www.fxretail.co.in), you can also buy/sell foreign exchange through this platform. For details visit www.axisbank.com/retail/forex/fx-retail

All parties to this transaction are advised that banks may be unable to process a transaction that involves countries, regions, entities, vessels or individuals sanctioned by the United Nations, The United States, The European Union, The United Kingdom or any other relevant government and/or regulatory authority and that such authorities may require disclosure of information. Axis Bank Ltd is not liable if it, or any other person, fails or delays to perform the transaction or discloses information as a result of actual or potential breach of such sanctions.

Charges may be applicable for this inward remittance. Kindly refer Axis Bank website or click here for Schedule of Charges.

Assuring you of our best services.
With Regards,
Axis Bank Ltd.

Since it was Friday, I waited till Tuesday to get the payment in my account. But nothing was happening. I contacted my RM, and she told me that I need to fill a form in the net banking with ARC number. I did not have any ARC number, I only had a reference number which 12digit, and ARC number is 14 digits. Then I contacted to customer care and one person told me to get the ARC number from your client's bank. The client didn't even know, there's something called ARC number existed in the first place.

So I went to my branch and told the problem. They connected to the local forex department, but they didn't pick up the call. Next day, after trying again they called me, and told me to check the mail. I told them I didn't receive any email from local forex team. Then the lady said, I will forward this mail to your branch and the lady from the branch will forward you. I gave my mail ID to the lady from my branch in WhatsApp, and received the mail. When I checked the mail, It was supposed to reach to me on 3 September, but the lady from the forex department messed up my email ID while sending me the mail.

I mean, how much dumb can you be. How did you get this kind of job, if you make this type of mistake. I felt frustrated. $500 is a big amount for me. Then in the mail I used the ARC number, filled up the form [inward remittance form] in the net banking portal and updated the purpose code. And I still haven't received anything. And no update from the bank as well.

I am looking for alternatives. May be open a new account in HDFC or IDFC bank. Or in WISE.