How Can I Improve My Credit Score After Multiple Credit Inquiries?

ankittsharmaa

KF Rookie
Hi everyone,

I’m currently in a situation where my credit score dropped from 752 to 724 due to multiple credit inquiries (around 6 out of which 5 were in June 2024 and 1 in August 2024 which was made by my salary account provider ICICI bank). I don't currently have any credit cards, but I had one (Slice) that I closed about 8 months ago.

My question is: If I avoid applying for any new credit cards or loans in the near future, will my credit score improve on its own over time? Are there any other steps I can take to help it recover faster?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

gagan43

KF Expert
Hi everyone,

I’m currently in a situation where my credit score dropped from 752 to 724 due to multiple credit inquiries (around 6 out of which 5 were in June 2024 and 1 in August 2024 which was made by my salary account provider ICICI bank). I don't currently have any credit cards, but I had one (Slice) that I closed about 8 months ago.

My question is: If I avoid applying for any new credit cards or loans in the near future, will my credit score improve on its own over time? Are there any other steps I can take to help it recover faster?

Try emailing to nodel officer and req them remove some enquiry stating the reason
And avoid applying for credit cards for next 2-3 mnths

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Hi everyone,

If payments remain prompt and the reason of falling score is multiple enquiries, then it should improve in few months.

Last edited:

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi everyone,

yes wait for 9-12 months.. Keep Utilization low and pay all CC bills on time.. and wait

shrewdoc

KF Rookie
Hi everyone,

There might be some other reason for this drop. Just 6 inquiries don't cause a drop of 28 points. You must be utilising >30% of your line of credit.

Keep your utilisation in check and start using the cards. Your score will improve automatically within 6 months if your payments are on-time.

vishalprakash

KF Expert
There might be some other reason for this drop. Just 6 inquiries don't cause a drop of 28 points. You must be utilising >30% of your line of credit.

Keep your utilisation in check and start using the cards. Your score will improve automatically within 6 months if your payments are on-time.
that's correct