How cibil score update works?

ronnie

KF Rookie
Why it is showing over spending of credit card in cibil when I spent below 30% of my limit and pay my bill on 1st of every month before the due yes but I spent more 20% after the Credit card statement update?

Dashanan

KF Ace
Maybe ur bank has not updated the credit limit of ur card to CIBIL so u r getting overspend message !!!! & Don't pay bill on 1st ... This is already the due date ... Try paying it in 28th if u r using bank's website & on 15th if u r using cred

nikhil54267

KF Rookie
The data fetched by CIBIL is based on the date the CIBIL has asked the report from Banks/ FIs. So, the balance on date is fetched by CIBIL and accordingly the score is updated.

shashwat

KF Ace
Any credit card utilisation numbers on cibil use a baseline of more than 1 month. Have you used the card more earlier? If you're consistently using less than 30%, your score will eventually go up. Don't worry.

Also, I don't understand your usage of 30% before 1st and 20% after 1st, but if your bill is generated of less than 30% every month, you'll eventually be fine.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Why it is showing over spending of credit card in cibil when I spent below 30% of my limit and pay my bill on 1st of every month before the due yes but I spent more 20% after the Credit card statement update?
Banks report to cibil on different dates.. some on statement date and some on last day of month.. accordingly these numbers may differ...