How to Claim tax benefits in Health Insurance under section 80 D

Macklon

KF Ace
Hi there. I am very new to this Income tax related topics. I have my health Insurance and in that I have seen i am eligible for tax benefits u/s 80D. Have seen this when making donations as well. I don't know what this is and how to go with this. Can any expert explain me in detail please?

Thanks.

_rohitsoni

KF Expert
Hey, as you are new to IT, I would suggest to get a CA (offline or may be via Quiko). If you are earning just from your salary then its a very straightforward thing, so you can file yourself too. There are multiple videos online to file ITR1.
Insurance amount can be claimed to deduct the tax outflow, you have to fill form 80D for health insurance (term insurances gets covered in 80C). You have to do this at the time of filing the ITR, nothing needs to be done as of now.
Limits: Self - 25k, Dependent Parents - 25k (if anyone's senior citizen, then 50k)

For donations, you have to use 80G.

Prince

KF Mentor
Hi, The details mentioned by Rohit are correct, you can Claim the Insurance under 80D maxmium upto 25K each and Donation under 80G as per the Amount subject to classification.

In case you need support in filling, you can reach me at princecassc@gmail.com for ITR fillings (Paid services).