How to get a new credit card

DrRohit

KF Rookie
Hey guys, my credit history is very short and I didn't know much about cibil score and it's importance so I overlooked it but now I am a working professional and wants a credit card but bank always denied it they my cibil score is low and when I checked it it shows 2 loans but I had never taken those loans and when I tried looked for it then I find 2 buy now pay later loans which emi I already paid back. But there is still 2 loans which I had never taken. Now they are closed and after closing those accounts my cibil score still only reached 684 which is low according to banks so can you please what should I do

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Hey guys, my credit history is very short and I didn't know much about cibil score and it's importance so I overlooked it but now I am a working professional and wants a credit card but bank always denied it they my cibil score is low and when I checked it it shows 2 loans but I had never taken those loans and when I tried looked for it then I find 2 buy now pay later loans which emi I already paid back. But there is still 2 loans which I had never taken. Now they are closed and after closing those accounts my cibil score still only reached 684 which is low according to banks so can you please what should I do
File dispute in CIBIL website for the loans which u didn't take. Hopefully after following the issue, they will be removed and ur score will increase.

Else you can try FD based Secured card for sometime till ur Score increases.

It's highly advisable to follow the issue for removing the loans which u didn't avail.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
+1, dispute all loans/accounts that you haven't taken. Also, ensure to check your personal details added against the loans and dispute them as well if they are not yours. I have seen some random addresses/phones against my name on some phoney accounts which had outstanding payments and had pulled down my CIBIL Score by 85 points.

Raj1379

KF Rookie
I had the same problem when I tried to get my first card. I was earning a good amount at that time still banks were denying me due to my low credit score. The reason for the low CIBIL was my education loan which I had settled not closed. Then I took an FD base CR of 10k from ICICI bank as my salary account was with them. Every month I used the card and also paid the due amount on time. Then 4-5 months later I took a 70K TV with the help of Bajaj. Bajaj has given the TV with less credit score. And I paid the EMIs at the right time. And I think after 5-6 EMI my score has reached around 751. Then I tried another ICICI Card with the help of branch staff because my online application was rejected. The branch application was accepted and I got my first card.

Skylar

KF Master
Brother, what are you saying here?

- You said you only see 2 loans and Those 2 loans are BNPL and
and in the end, you say you have 2 more unknown loans?

So total 4 loan accounts? can you share the screenshot?