How to invest for Marriage.

mrinmay

KF Rookie
Hey I wanna save money for my marriage and also wan it to goron in the next coming 6-7 years , i am planning to get married in the next 6-7 years. So how should I invest and where should I invest.

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
You can buy some investment plans with 5 5-year horizon. HDFC provides one. Otherwise, go for Mutual Funds. This money you can use for Wedding expense. Jewellery will be needed as well. Try to buy Gold when the price goes low, it will help you in a lot ways

Gigachad

KF Mentor
Hey I wanna save money for my marriage and also wan it to goron in the next coming 6-7 years , i am planning to get married in the next 6-7 years. So how should I invest and where should I invest.
Go for bonds, blue chips mf & some fd in small finance bank..

Should be a stable 10% CAGR

Madhav-jindal

KF Rookie
Bro-mutual-fund-is-best-suit-your-requirement-and-more-specifically-i-would-say-you-should-go-for-large-and-mid-cap-fund-and-SIP-is-also-a-good-option-if-getting-good-ROI-from-my-opinion-hope-it-helps.

Gigachad

KF Mentor
I'm looking to invest in Bonds. Can you tell me which bonds are preferably good? I have recent investment in Mutual Funds, PPF and gold
Govt bonds like t bill & sgb are pretty safe.. can look into them..

For private company band are also there.. though bit more risky..

skadaver

KF Ace
My suggestions
1. Don't buy any moneyback, endowment or insurance-linked investment plans, they just don't give you enough returns if you actually calculate the IRR(Internal rate of return)
2. Invest 40% in low risk assets like RD/FD
3. Invest 30-40% in MutualFunds via SIP. If you are a beginner, safest way would be to invest in Index funds. Go for 10-15% in small cap/flexi cap if you are able to research and choose the mutual fund based on your risk tolerance. You can also consider Debt mutual funds.
4. Invest in Sovereign Gold bonds (SGBs) with a lockin period of 8yrs. The last tranche of SGBs gave 11-12% CAGR.
5. Buy physical 24K gold if you have a trusted local vendor as you will anyhow need it for wedding. (Going to Tanishq or any showroom isn't beneficial as they charge you 10-14% extra as charges/tax). I

Tax with Ria

KF Expert
The best option is to go for one time investment in SIP of Aditya birla sun life PSU equity oriented fund and purchase some RBI denominated sovereign gold bonds i.e buy digital gold at today's rate and sell it when you've marriage on head at market price of that time. Planning for marriage, then buying digital gold bonds are the best option as it also has no tax liability on its sale.
You can also diversify your portfolio in some purchase of equity shares such as IRFC, RVNL, NMDC, ITC, HUL, TATA MOTORS. With these you can get higher returns and the biggest problem of gold purchase can be easily solved.

Tax with Ria

KF Expert
The best option is to go for one time investment in SIP of Aditya birla sun life PSU equity oriented fund and purchase some RBI denominated 2.5% Sovereign Gold Bonds of 2030 or 2031 issue i.e buy digital gold at today's rate and sell it when you've marriage on head, at market price of that time. Planning for marriage, then buying digital gold bonds are the best option as it also has no tax liability on its sale. RD/FD/PPF is also a safe option to pay the bills of marriage, but my suggestion would be to invest a good portion of your salary/profit in these funds to get the real benefit until your marriage
You can also diversify your portfolio in some purchase of equity shares such as IRFC, RVNL,IFCON, NMDC, ITC, HUL, TATA MOTORS. With these you can get higher returns and the biggest problem of gold purchase.

uditgupta1010

KF Rookie
If time horizon is 6 - 7 years, it is better to invest in Mutual Funds using SIPs for averaging and compounding. If it were me, I would choose 1 MF for these 4 categories - Large, Mid, Small, and International. It would give a good and stable return in 6-7 years

HorusJCB

KF Rookie
Best for you is MF & P2P , risk toh sabhi mein hai but volla ur getting married so financial imprtances is biggest factor in marriage without A doubt .