How to save tax when we sell any house?

roshan01

KF Rookie
So recently we sell a house and we are planning to buy a new house after 1or 2 year so I want to save tax and I want to invest my amount into mutual fund and fix deposit scheme. So how can I save tax on it and invest it in a correct manner. Let an example for 50 laks. Please help me to save tax and generate a passive income.

Since you recently sold a house and plan to buy a new one in 1-2 years, here are some steps to save tax and invest the 50 lakhs to generate passive income:

Tax Saving​

1. Reinvest in Property (Section 54): If you buy another house within two years or construct one within three years, you can save on capital gains tax.
  2. Invest in Bonds (Section 54EC): You can invest up to 50 lakhs in specific bonds (like NHAI, REC) within six months. These have a five-year lock-in period.
  3. Capital Gains Account Scheme (CGAS): If you need more time to buy a house, deposit the gains in this account to claim tax exemption until you invest in property.

Investment for Passive Income​

1. Mutual Funds:
    • Debt Funds: Invest 20 lakhs for stability and moderate returns (5-7% annually).
    • Equity Funds: Invest 15 lakhs for potential higher returns (10-12% annually) but with higher risk.
    • Hybrid Funds: Invest 10 lakhs for a balance of risk and returns (8-10% annually).
  2. Fixed Deposits (FDs):
    • Invest 5 lakhs in FDs for assured returns (6-7% annually) and safety.

Expected Passive Income​

• Total: Approx. 3.8 lakhs/year

Anil98

KF Ace
Show commision paid

Ask a ca about indexation cost and compare it with current cost of land take money in bank accordinglry.

Other methods my friend above told you

May you donot have any capital gain on property you sold just do calculations

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Show commision paid

Ask a ca about indexation cost and compare it with current cost of land take money in bank accordinglry.

Other methods my friend above told you

May you donot have any capital gain on property you sold just do calculations
Brother, Seems like you haven't heard recent changes in Taxation due to the Union Budget 2024.
Now, Concept of Indexation Benefits has become extinct. 😔🥺😭