I had requested my bank to close my credit card via SBI card mobile app. How to check whether my card deactivated for the time or closed permanently?

Mandeep Ghai

KF Rookie
When did u request? Didn't you receive a confirmation call from them?
Almost 3 weeks back, yes i got a call on very same day.. and they were forcing me continue card. But I told very strickly to close it pls.. but i haven't receive any msg or email after that...

saajansuper

KF Rookie
Simply write then email. Always write emails for such requests. You’ll keep a track and proof for your escalation. Phone calls agents say you’ll get a reply but then you lose the record.

Skylar

KF Master
Write an email requesting the closure of your credit card account and asking for a No Objection Certificate (NOC).

Obtaining an NOC is crucial when closing a card because it serves as proof that the card has been closed.
If the card is not removed from the credit bureau’s records in the future, you can use the NOC to have it marked as closed in your reports.

Some people close their cards, but they continue to appear as active in the credit bureau’s records.
Additionally, some banks may not close the account properly and may charge annual fees. Therefore, obtaining an NOC is very important.