I have 2 lakhs to invest

jatin1111

KF Rookie
Actually I'm in my 20s at this moment and I have saved 2 lakhs by the date. I've invested around 30k in mutual funds already and continue to invest 1.5k monthly... Need more help where I can divide my savings.. please help.

You've not mentioned whether you're studying or working. If you're studying, invest the amount in skill development, which will give the best return. If you are working, you can consider PPF or vpf

jatin1111

KF Rookie
actually I have just completed my graduation so currently I’m not studying… but I am still working as of now …

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
I think you should invest bulk amount in Mutual Funds when you think the market is down. For that you need to keep track of the market.

Actually I'm in my 20s at this moment and I have saved 2 lakhs by the date. I've invested around 30k in mutual funds already and continue to invest 1.5k monthly... Need more help where I can divide my savings.. please help.
Invest in debt funds when the market will crash then also you will get returns and you will sit comfortably. As you mentioned the amount is your savings so try to grow the money in safe ways after you get a job or you do business start taking risks to grow money.

nsbhavsar

KF Rookie
If you have no use of this amount in future or in emergency case, then you can invest 50% in large cap stock for now and 50% in bank FD.

Wait for the market correct and when it correct, you make use FD amount to invest in small and mid cap stock.

1.5K monthly SIP, you can start in HDFC defence MF and you will get handsome returns in 5 years.

You are still young so you have great opportunities to grow your money.

jatin1111

KF Rookie
I appreciate your suggestions but what I was thinking is to keep a fixed % of it for emergency and to invest a little amount of it in cryptos and then go for the funds and FD….
How does this sounds ???