I have axis bank airtel mastercard variant, wanted to change to rupay variant but they are denying

pranav0102

KF Rookie
How can I change my variant, withhout closing the card and reapplying again. axis is suggesting to close the card first and reapply for rupay whenever it is available publically to apply

katbose

KF Ace
Even the bank's customer care might not have an answer for this. Most likely, the ultimate option will be to choose your variant when you renew.

Skylar

KF Master
How can I change my variant, withhout closing the card and reapplying again. axis is suggesting to close the card first and reapply for rupay whenever it is available publically to apply
As Visa, Mastercard and rupay have different number patterns your old card has to be closed and new card will be issued.

Skylar

KF Master
If mastercard variant get closed and rupay variant issues then payment history with mastercard get deleted from CIBIL?and CIBIL get reduced?
Payment history remains on your credit report permanently. If payment history were removed, defaulters would be the happiest people on earth. It is a myth, often spread by YouTubers, that closing old loans will reduce your CIBIL score. While your loan will be marked as closed, your payment history will not be deleted; it will be recorded in the closed accounts section. Even if you check the simulator on the CIBIL website, you will see that closing a card does not affect your score.