Icici credit card bill payment issue

ankitagrawal

KF Rookie
I have paid my icici Amazon pay credit card bill on 20 june 2024 thru hdfc billpay .Due date was 20 june 2024 but till date payment has not been credited in my card account by icici and today I have been charged late payment fees.
Now What I have to do
Plz guide

I have paid my icici Amazon pay credit card bill on 20 june 2024 thru hdfc billpay .Due date was 20 june 2024 but till date payment has not been credited in my card account by icici and today I have been charged late payment fees.
Now What I have to do
Plz guide
Usually it is better to pay CC bill at least 3-4 days before the due date as technical issues may cause delays.
If you are a long time customer call the bank and ask them to waive off late fees by explaining them the issue caused by HDFC and assure them you will take care in future to avoid paying on the last day. In most cases the late fee is waived off.

Skylar

KF Master
Now What I have to do
Plz guide
You can now proceed to pay the late fee.

When making payments on the deadline, consider using an app that settles the amount on the same day. Avoid HDFC Billpay, which takes three working days to process payments.
Additionally, be aware that ICICI has a slower system for processing payments and confirming credit and debit transactions.

If the due date is the 20th, even if your bill payment settles after three days, the bill payment date remains the 20th. You can discuss this with ICICI and request the removal of the late payment.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Now What I have to do
Plz guide
The bill should have been paid atleast 3-4 days before the due date. HDFC Billpay takes 3-4 working days to reflect and ICICI also doesn't show payment immediately. While it can still be a case that your payment shows up as received on 20th and late payment charges get reversed however better will be to pay the late payment fees. If it gets reversed, you will get a credit in card statement. Serves a lesson that payment should be made atleast few days in advance.