ICICI demat account

Sachindeep

KF Rookie
Hi I'm sachin last one year use app ICICI demat account just fill app but I m not use this app but yearly charges send iwant close this account but I have not idea

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi I'm sachin last one year use app ICICI demat account just fill app but I m not use this app but yearly charges send iwant close this account but I have not idea
you have to go to the branch and submit form with kyc.. account should not have any holdings.. shd be 0 holding

guptajoy961

KF Expert
Here are the steps you can follow to close your ICICI Demat account:

1. First, you need to ensure there are no holdings or pending payments in your Demat account. If there are any shares or securities, you will need to either sell them or transfer them to another Demat account before closing the account.

2. Once the account is clear of any holdings or dues, you can visit the nearest ICICI Demat branch and submit the account closure form. You can obtain this form from the branch.

3. Fill out the account closure form completely and submit it at the branch along with any other required documents. The branch will process your request and close the account within 7-10 business days.

4. You can also try to close the account online, but ICICI Direct states that Demat accounts cannot be closed online and have to be done in person at the branch.

5. After the account is closed, you will receive a confirmation letter from ICICI to inform you that the Demat account has been successfully closed.

6. To verify if the account is indeed closed, you can try logging into your ICICI Direct account - if the Demat account number no longer exists, it means the account has been successfully closed.

The key steps are to first clear any holdings, then visit the branch and submit the closure form. ICICI will process the request and close the account within 7-10 days. Let me know if you have any other questions!